|Date Posted||November 3, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available with one of the leading upstream Oil and Gas companies within the industry. We are currently seeking an EOR Expert/Specialist for their operations based in Qatar.
- Position: EOR Expert/Specialist
- Start: Q1 2016
- Duration: 12 months
- Status: Residential
- Location: Qatar
Undertake reservoir engineering focus on EOR studies to optimize field development plans. Analyze reservoir and well performance data and develop reservoir surveillance programmes for EOR pilot and field wide applications. Conduct reservoir management activities. Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Prepare detailed/integrated development plans for underdeveloped hydrocarbon resources. Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
Required Experience and Expertise:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in reservoir engineering focus on EOR activities emphasizing large carbonate reservoirs.
- Strong background in EOR techniques such as miscible/ immiscible and CO2 injection.
- Significant working experience in EOR pilot design, monitoring and field wide EOR applications.
- Experience in numerical reservoir simulation in using of Eclipse100 and 300 in particular, history matching and field development.
- Significant experience working on mature oil fields under water flood.
- Strong background in EOR aspects of reservoir surveillance and optimization.
- Experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
- Strong background in well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance modelling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Experience in reserves evaluation, classification, and booking.
- B.Sc. is required in petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
Experience in reservoir engineering software:
- Simulation - Eclipse 100 and 300 in particular and other software related to the Eclipse suite of programmes.
- Fluid property modelling - PVTi.
- Material balance - MBAL.
- Well test interpretation - Saphir.
- Reservoir surveillance – OFM.
- Well performance modelling – Prosper.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity as well as a competitive day rate to the successful applicant.