|Location||Al Ahmadi, Kuwait|
|Date Posted||September 4, 2019|
Worley, a major global engineering company is looking to recruit an UXO / EOD Specialist (Geophysicist) for a project in Kuwait.
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has awarded Worley a 5 year $US 110m contract for the supply of Consultancy and Programme Management services related to the UNCC funded environmental remediation of the damages caused by the Iraqi aggression against Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War. The contract serves to support KOC and the UN to achieve their goal of
The contract aims to provide project management, co-ordination, planning, design, engineering, construction management, contracting, procurement, project controls and other services necessary for the remediation contaminated areas including wet and dry oil lakes, oil piles, and transfer of technology.
The new contract expands Worley’s presence in Kuwait which has grown the operation to over 400 people of some 20 nationalities. WP presently has a slate of projects under management at KOC under a previous PMC project. Each project is in the mega-project category.
Are invited to apply the candidates with:
· Certificate from Specialized Institution such as Department of Defense Explosives Safety Board (DDESB) or equivalent for EOD or UXO level II
· Shall have practical experience in proven technologies and methods for screening, identification, retrieve and final disposal of EOD, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO).
· - Must have proven track record in Environmental and UXO/EOD Geophysics.
· -Have proven experience with UXO/EOD Data management systems such as Oasis Montaj or similar sofware applications
· -Extensive experience in managing Geophysical techniques, including GPR, magnetic,gravity,electrical,and electromagnetic methods.
· -Extensive experience in oversight of UXO/EOD mapping and clearance field operations, data processing, anomaly selection for munitions and explosives of concern (MEC),
Essential Skills and Experience
· Minimal IMAS Level 3 supported by certificate of training from a recognized, Specialised Institution or Military Certificate of training.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in the UXO/EOD industry with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory preferably, a Quality/Safety assurance position.
· Must have a good understanding of industry quality and health and safety requirements as applicable to UXO and Landmine clearance operations.
· Shall have practical experience, preferably in the Middle East or Northern Africa (MENA) preferred, in the conduct of UXO Geophysical Survey, and UXO and landmine clearance operations.
· oil & gas experience would be considered an asset.
· Willingness to relocate to the Middle East (Kuwait)
· Conduct UXO and Landmine Clearance Quality Assurance monitoring of contractors work as directed by the Lead EOD Specialist.
· Conduct and document quality control surveillance audits of all UXO clearance operations to ensure compliance with established procedures;
· Implement and monitor non-conformance reporting, corrective action, and verification procedures to ensure feedback and follow-up processes are in use;
· Implement a product/process inspection sampling methodology to ensure compliance with contract requirements;
· Implement a phased control system (i.e. Preparatory, initial, and follow-up) requiring the contractor to plan and schedule work to ensure preparedness prior to commencing each new feature of work;
· Implement and develop quality improvement tools and conduct trend and root cause analysis to ensure work on site remains effective and efficient;
· Document, report, verify and ensure completion of all corrective actions to ensure all UXO survey and clearance operations comply with requirements;