|Location||Al Ahmadi, Kuwait|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2019|
EOD / UXO Specialist (Geophysicist)
· Certificate from Specialized Institution such as Department of Defense Explosives Safety Board (DDESB) or equivalent for EOD or UXO level II
· Shall have practical experience in proven technologies and methods for screening, identification, retrieve and final disposal of EOD, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO).
· - Must have proven track record in Environmental and UXO/EOD Geophysics.
· -Have proven experience with UXO/EOD Data management systems such as Oasis Montaj or similar sofware applications
· -Extensive experience in managing Geophysical techniques, including GPR, magnetic,gravity,electrical,and electromagnetic methods.
· -Extensive experience in oversight of UXO/EOD mapping and clearance field operations, data processing, anomaly selection for munitions and explosives of concern (MEC),
Essential Skills and Experience
· Minimal IMAS Level 3 supported by certificate of training from a recognized, Specialised Institution or Military Certificate of training.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in the UXO/EOD industry with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory preferably, a Quality/Safety assurance position.
· Must have a good understanding of industry quality and health and safety requirements as applicable to UXO and Landmine clearance operations.
· Shall have practical experience, preferably in the Middle East or Northern Africa (MENA) preferred, in the conduct of UXO Geophysical Survey, and UXO and landmine clearance operations.
· oil & gas experience would be considered an asset.
· Willingness to relocate to the Middle East (Kuwait)
· Conduct UXO and Landmine Clearance Quality Assurance monitoring of contractors work as directed by the Lead EOD Specialist.
· Conduct and document quality control surveillance audits of all UXO clearance operations to ensure compliance with established procedures;
· Implement and monitor non-conformance reporting, corrective action, and verification procedures to ensure feedback and follow-up processes are in use;
· Implement a product/process inspection sampling methodology to ensure compliance with contract requirements;
· Implement a phased control system (i.e. Preparatory, initial, and follow-up) requiring the contractor to plan and schedule work to ensure preparedness prior to commencing each new feature of work;
· Implement and develop quality improvement tools and conduct trend and root cause analysis to ensure work on site remains effective and efficient;
· Document, report, verify and ensure completion of all corrective actions to ensure all UXO survey and clearance operations comply with requirements;