|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Engineering Specialist within our Exploitation-Office of Reserves group based in Houston, TX.
• Develops, maintains and provides computer support for the team as well as various computer programs/databases utilized to gather, store and manipulate various sources.
• Gathers, compiles, organizes and performs analysis of data utilized in planning, design, analysis, benchmarking and performance evaluations.
• Develops and maintains standards and recommended practices that provide consistency in process, methodology and documentation.
• Aid in development of automation/simplification of reserves evaluation and documentation practices.
• Provide training, best practices sharing, engineering assistance via peer assists/reviews, consulting, informal collaboration, guidance and mentoring.
• Assists with competitor analysis as needed
• Works effectively with production engineers, reservoir engineers, well analysts, information technology specialists, and other engineering techs.
• 3+ years of E&P oilfield operations experience
• Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting, and analyzing data using Access, and Excel.
• Technical data management subject matter expertise with excellent knowledge of data loading techniques commonly used in Oil and Gas
• Experience with Oracle data management & SQL programming
• Experience with Schlumberger’s Application Suite of OFM & PEEP, or similar software
• Demonstrates a strong aptitude to learn technical applications pertaining to job responsibilities
• Ability to understand and learn data flow concepts between company systems and databases.
• Strives to understand internal customers’ needs and supports requests in a high quality and timely manner.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks with established deadlines.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Math, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
• Experience in forecasting practices within the Reserves and Reservoir, Cost Modeling and Field Development Plans
• Experience with TIBCO Spotfire data analysis & programming.
• Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting, and analyzing data using custom VBA programming.
• Experience with SQL programming
(Note: As part of the selection process for this role, successful applicants will need to take an online assessment in Microsoft Excel and Analytical Skills.)
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status