|Date Posted||July 22, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
The Reservoir Engineer IV / Senior directs and participates in well surveillance and data collection activities for assigned field development area(s), including reservoir definition, characterization and flow régime behavior.
- Conducts “unconventional reservoir” engineering and simulation studies to identify optimum recovery and field development options, adjusts reservoir development plans in response to changes in reservoir and well performance.
- Collaborates with Completions, Production, Geology and Midstream to increase understanding and maximize the development potential and value from the reservoir.
- Recognizes and recommends field areas and program features for pilot studies of various hydrocarbon recovery enhancement and production improvement techniques.
- Directs and participates in defining the scope and content of reservoir studies used to assist in determining well behavior and optimum recovery methods. Includes, establishing program specifications, reviewing available resources, preparing tender documents, reviewing and evaluating bids and monitoring study team performance.
- Carries out major or complex simulation studies, prepares progress reports and ensures adherence to Company and professional standards. Includes economic and risk analysis studies.
- Carries out special studies such as completion performance evaluations, drawdown management and optimization of production rates, reservoir PVT characterization, NGL/condensate yield optimization, or well spacing/stacking studies as needed. Interprets output from such studies to explain and generate performance prediction, checks assumptions and reports findings accordingly.
- Reviews performance of simulation software packages, new software releases, and other reservoir engineering related tools and applications. Liaises with IT Support staff to test and identify appropriate packages and advises team management on the purchase or leasing of new software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary to confidently present views and ideas.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience working at an operator
- 8+ years experience working directly as a reservoir engineer
Laddered position: Depending on experience
*Comprehensive Relocation Package Included
EQT Corporation and its subsidiaries is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer -- M/F/Disability/Veteran