|Date Posted||June 5, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Provide reservoir engineering assistance to Company’s Engineering & System Design team. Responsible for performing all engineering tasks for underground gas storage fields from reservoir through the well head. Design and execute integrated reservoir studies, reserve and economic analyses, storage field expansion, and problem remediation programs.
**This job may be filled as an Engineer-Reservoir or Engineer-Reservoir, Sr., at Management’s discretion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire and analyze the necessary test data used to define accurate reservoir characterization and individual well performance.
- Perform deliverability assessment, forecasting, technical reservoir analysis, annual inventory control (e.g., BHP tests, GRN logging).
- Ability to predict reserves/deliverability profiles and perform economic evaluation of storage expansion projects.
- Direct Tallgrass Operations personnel, contractors, and consultants in the execution of well maintenance, data gathering, or other field based projects.
- Prepare and execute an ongoing integrity management program for gas storage well bores.
- Evaluate prospective candidate fields for acquisition and conversion to storage.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual State and Federal regulatory reports as required.
- Provide engineering support for regulatory filings and proceedings.
- Provide engineering support for system operational problems and/or improvements.
- Review new projects to assure operational practicality.
- Provide engineering guidance in the development of best practice operational methods.
- Assist in maintaining severe weather operating plan(s).
- Regularly communicate with management regarding project status, goals and objectives.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering or a related discipline.
- 0-10 years’ experience in the oil and gas and/or pipeline industry.
- Prior exposure to natural gas exploration, production, and/or underground storage operations.
- Knowledge of reservoir fluid flow and reservoir modeling.
- Knowledge of well construction and well maintenance including drilling completion and work overs.
- Knowledge of basic open hole and cased hole log analysis.
- Knowledge of gas well flow test evaluation & transient analysis.
- A team player with proven communication skills, capable of working effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and be driven to produce results at both an individual and team level.
- Proven track record in applying technology and generating value adding results.
- Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Able to develop new or improved processes or techniques if necessary.
- Ability to interpret and apply engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
- Determining project objectives and develop a comprehensive project design.
- Provide technical direction to company members.
- Outline project requirements and monitor progress to ensure the objectives are being met.
- Perform complex assignments.
- Consistently look to improve process, procedures, and standards.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Has solid understanding of business objectives and implements projects and ideas that significantly impact cash flow.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions as needed during field site visits.
- Field activities may include walking to and amidst work and/or construction sites, climbing in and out of trenches, working around heavy equipment and working in confined spaces.
- Required to carry a cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position):
- 5 plus years’ experience with natural gas storage reservoir engineering.
- Experience with unconventional (low permeability) reservoirs and water drive reservoirs.
- Familiar with FERC regulations related to underground gas storage reservoirs.
- Familiar with PHMSA regulations and advisory guidelines related to underground gas storage reservoirs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with IHS PERFORM well analysis software or similar system.
- Demonstrated proficiency with geologic mapping techniques /software and log analysis software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with OSI PI System Tools (e.g., DataLink, ProcessBook).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.