|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2017|
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
Apache’s vision is to be the premier exploration and production company with global assets focused on North American growth. To support this vision, the company’s multidisciplinary Corporate Reservoir Management (RM) team performs reservoir characterization, reservoir simulation, and integrated field studies to support investment decisions and underpin reserves estimates across Apache’s Regional business units. As a member of the RM team, the successful candidate will provide best-in-class reservoir engineering support, consisting primarily of integrated field studies and reservoir simulation studies.
The Reservoir Engineer Advisor will work with fellow RM and Region staff (petrophysicists, geologists, geophysicists, and engineers) to identify, prioritize, and execute technical projects, as well as review work performed directly by/within the Regions. The candidate will work closely with CRE (Corporate Reservoir Engineering) as required to validate official reserves bookings. The candidate will be expected to manage a mix of longer-term projects and short-term operational requests, re-prioritizing according to business need. The candidate will also mentor staff within RM, other corporate groups, and in the Regions, building skills and deploying best practices company-wide. To facilitate both project delivery and skills transfer, the candidate will travel both domestically and internationally as required. Specific technical skills required for the role include reservoir simulation modeling, pressure transient analysis, phase behavior, material balance, and integrated asset modelling. Experience in both conventional and unconventional reservoir characterization and simulation is required.
- Perform reservoir engineering studies and activities including integrated field studies and reservoir simulation studies.
- Perform well and reservoir studies in support of exploitation and exploration projects for regions throughout the company.
- Reservoir simulation studies that include finite difference and streamline simulation models; all aspects of model construction, history matching, well calibration and prediction cases.
- Perform studies requiring skills in pressure transient analysis, phase behavior, nodal analysis and material balance studies.
- Develop a solid working relationship with region reservoir engineers, geologists and geophysical personnel. Work closely and as required with other corporate engineering teams.
- Provide detailed, technically rigorous analysis and feedback unaffected by region/logistical operational concerns.
- Handle multiple projects/studies simultaneously, reprioritizing as required.
- BSc. degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required.
- 15+ years of reservoir engineering experience, with 5-10 years in reservoir simulation. Additional experience in operations/engineering is strongly preferred. Operating company experience (both onshore/offshore) is required.
- Broad-based conventional reservoir experience spanning a variety of basins, well types, and recovery processes. Gas field IAM experience is required.
- Unconventional characterization and simulation experience including demonstrated track record in the integration of geologic/geomechanical models (including DFN) with hydraulic fracture/well spacing design/optimization.
- Highly proficient in Schlumberger software (Petrel, ECLIPSE).
- Experience with one or more of the following reservoir simulators (INTERSECT, CMG, Tnavigator) highly desirable; particularly in the context of unconventional reservoir modeling.
- Highly proficient in Petroleum Experts IAM software (MBAL, PROSPER, GAP).
- Proficiency in fluid characterization and production surveillance techniques.
- Ability to evaluate, apply, and adapt to new/evolving software packages and workflows.
- Ability to travel as required, including to international locations (Egypt, UK).
- Ability to provide technically-driven analysis, opinions, and recommendations without business/operational bias.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency in English required; spoken and written.