|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
Reporting to the Production Manager, provide production engineering support at a senior professional level for Apache’s Permian Region.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively monitor production rates, analyze well tests and make recommendations for improving the performance of producing wells, artificial lift systems and facilities
- Engineering design, planning and written procedures for all planned well and facility construction
- Work with team to evaluate and develop stimulation for all drilling projects in assigned area
- Monitor financial performance of operating budgets and capital programs
- Work with team consisting of reservoir engineer, geologist, landman, and techs to maximize base production and develop new projects
- Participate in annual budget, and production forecast development
- Manage waterflood operations and surveillance work
- Design and recommend lift equipment for wells as needed
- Familiarity with different types of artificial lift, especially rod pump and electrical submersible pump systems.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of relevant E&P company experience in production engineering and field operations
PRIMARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High level of production engineering
- Strong communication and organizational skills - able to work well with production engineers, field personnel, geoscience team, management and stakeholders
- Proven track record of financial performance and responsibility with experience in budget and schedule planning, AFE preparation and economic evaluation
- Extensive computer knowledge, including MS Office and DSS
- Experience with an economics software package, preferably Aries