|Location||Irving, United States|
|Date Posted||May 31, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Provide engineering support to the Permian Asset and sub-teams (D&C Execution, Well Planning/Permitting and Subsurface Development) in the areas of competitor benchmarking and performance analytics.
- Analyze and communicate competitor performance in the Permian Basin in the areas of reservoir performance, operational efficiencies and strategies. Sources include public and proprietary data sets. Must merge with Pioneer’s understanding of subsurface properties.
- Benchmark Pioneer’s performance against competitors. Discover actionable trends to aid in the Permian Asset’s continuous improvement initiatives. Collaborate with appropriate asset technical team members for analysis. Communicate to asset team well non-asset teams including IR, Accounting and Management Committee.
- Provide visibility to asset team’s performance through improving existing report’s content, make-up and visuals. Collaborate with the KPI owners on presentation and messaging. Help guide future decisions of the asset through KPI tracking and knowledge.
- Support the Reporting and Capital Planning verticals of Pioneer’s ERP implementation. Assist in scoping and designing dashboards. Firm understanding of underlying data required.
- Participate in various multi-team efforts focused on advanced analytics.
- Mentor engineering or analyst interns. Identify gaps where research is required. Generate project scope, applicable data, time frame and resource needs for project completion.
- Performs other/additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Basic understanding of drilling, completion and production operations
- Established track record of successfully working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Must foster positive relationships with coworkers outside immediate team
- Must be self-motivated, work independently at times and properly prioritize tasks
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data and at times ambiguous data
- Must be proficient with business intelligence tools (Spotfire, etc.)
- Salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.