|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||November 28, 2017|
This position is as a member of Anadarko's DJ Basin Business Unit Well Construction Team in the Denver, CO office. This position will be working on the growing DJ Basin unconventional exploration and development program.
• 2+ years of relevant drilling engineering and industry experience required, preferably with experience in onshore unconventional horizontal plays.
• A strong operations background is preferred, including experience with rig-site supervision.
• Ability to execute torque and drag and casing design modeling using applicable software is required.
• Experience in exploratory or appraisal drilling, particularly in the Rockies region, is preferred.
• This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively work with other drilling engineers, field foremen, onsite consultants, and cross-discipline professionals to plan and execute complex horizontal drilling operations.
• Strong computer skills are required including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. WellCat/Stresscheck, Open Wells, Access, and Spot Fire are a plus.
• Candidate must be action oriented, able to lead multidisciplinary projects, including completions and geoscience personnel as appropriate, to evaluate complex operational challenges, identify potential operational and design risks, and develop/implement strategies ensuring minimal downtime, economic viability and delivery of anticipated well counts.
• Primary job responsibilities include developing casing designs, preparing drilling programs, organizing the logistics around those jobs, and ensuring the execution is accomplished as desired.
• Emphasis will be placed on evaluating data, optimizing well performance, cost management, and implementing new technologies to bring the greatest value to the corporation.
• Commitment to being a leader in safety, environmental protection, and health are required.
• Guides and/or mentors less experienced engineers.
• There is a strong focus on interdisciplinary team work, both in Denver and in the field.
• Travel will be required to improve onsite operations and to maintain a teamwork atmosphere.
Bachelor's degree required, with Petroleum Engineering being preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 15 - 35%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description