|Date Posted||June 14, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||25|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• This is an advisory/discipline lead role and will involve a high level of interaction with various stakeholders, strong communication and relationship management skills will be required.
• To lead and help develop more junior members of the team, as such previous experience in a leadership role will be advantageous.
• 2D and 3D seismic interpretation including the generation of relevant time, depth, velocity and attribute maps
• Integration of seismic interpretation with geological models, particularly in deep water depositional systems
• Interpretation of 3D fault surfaces and creation of coherent structural models
• Interaction with well geologist during drilling of exploration wells to update interpretations
• Identify drilling targets for brownfield redevelopment and near-field exploration.
• Provide input to the justification, planning and review of drilling opportunities.
• Work with other subsurface staff on the construction and maintenance of subsurface field models, and in the estimation of remaining hydrocarbon resource potential and perform related risk assessments.
• Work with subsurface and drilling personnel to mature well locations to drill ready status, ensuring the highest quality drilling program is prepared.
• Take an active role in reservoir and management strategy development.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
• MSc or PhD in Geophysics
• 25+ years of experience primarily in seismic interpretation with a solid understanding of rock physics, along with broad technical experience in hydrocarbon exploration
• Demonstrable work experience within Petroleum Geoscience, acquired in a variety of SE Asian and geological settings, the majority of which would have been gained with an Operator.
• Proven experience working with inverted and AVO seismic volumes.
• Detailed knowledge of production and development geoscience methods with a proven track record of successful projects.
• Sound understanding of the petroleum system.
• Significant work experience with geophysical software applications; knowledge of Petrel an advantage.
• Hands-on experience of generating synthetic seismograms and conducting depth conversion.
• Sound understanding of seismic interpretation workflows and techniques used to identify areas of likely bypassed oil.
• Working knowledge of petrophysical interpretation, static model building, and reservoir engineering techniques would be beneficial, as the position involves work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Prior experience of managing seismic acquisition and/or processing projects would be an advantage.
• Good communication skills in English (read, written and spoken)