|Date Posted||January 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
The successful candidate will provide supervision and leadership to the integrated subsurface technical teams (reservoir engineers, geologists, geophysicists & associated technicians) responsible for development of Marathon’s acreage across the Eagle Ford Asset Team. This role is a key member of the asset leadership team and is expected to collaborate effectively with peers leading D&C, Operations, Land and HES teams. The Subsurface Development Manager will be responsible for generation and implementation of Plans of Development, through their teams, for the entire asset area. In addition, the selected candidate will provide critical coaching and mentoring to further develop staff technical and business skills. This role reports to the regional vice president for the Eagle Ford Asset Team and is located in Houston, TX
- Manage the development of key deliverables (through subsurface team supervisors, well planning and process support), which typically include:
- Rate and decline curve analysis
- Reserve and resource additions and changes
- Well performance analysis
- Well and field wide production and injection profiles
- Integrated geotechnical evaluations (seismic & well)
- Hydrocarbon maturity interpretations
- Subsurface evaluation of appraisal activities for operated and non-operated assets
- Commercial and business development evaluations
- Capital budgeting and production forecasting
- Supervise and coordinate subsurface studies by the technical staff, which provides the basis for the Plans of Development for each area. Work with internal stakeholders such as Drilling, Completions, Land, Regulatory and others to ensure effective execution of capital programs.
- Stay abreast of, manage, and deliver new exploration play(s) within the asset geography, working with land and business development teams to add key acreage where feasible
- Develop detailed exploration, delineation and development strategies for prospects through discovery, evaluation, and development phases.
- Establish clear expectations and provide timely and objective feedback to subsurface team members to improve individual and team performance.
- Lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously; as well as leading subsurface team. Coach and mentor team members to enhance their career development and hold them accountable for achieving results. Recognize outstanding performance within the team, while addressing performance gaps.
- Consistently meet stakeholder expectations. Develop and implement a communication plan, to report to key stakeholders and sr. management on subsurface projects across the Eagle Ford Asset Team.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in pursuing new opportunities and strategies which create profitable commercial results.
- Degree: Bachelors required
- Major Discipline: Petroleum Engineering: Geology or Geophysics
- Work Experience: Minimum of 15 years’ experience in onshore field development with >5 years working unconventional resource plays. Prior leadership experience required in subsurface evaluation, drilling, completion and/or production operations. Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and field operations.
- Previous technical experience working with both operated and non-operated asset teams
Skills / Knowledge:
- Exceptional collaborative skills; ability to interact successfully with executives, senior management, project managers and internal teams.
- Exceptional planning and prioritization skills with high drive for results.
- Ability to lead through influence outside of function, as well as providing strong direct leadership for team.