|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||November 7, 2016|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
This position is responsible for directing the activities and oversight of the Corporate Reserve group that provides reservoir engineering support and reserves administration. Will oversee coordination of the department activities with other corporate functions and business units to ensure technical accuracy for SOX controls and proper compilation of accurate SEC compliant reserve reports.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates quarterly updates and preparation of year-end reserve reports in compliance with corporate SOX controls and according to SEC and PRMS standards.
- Manages preparation of corporate reserves data and presentations for internal review with business unit VP’s, the Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Develops and implements team strategy direction necessary for the continuous improvement of corporate reserves activities and processes.
- Maintains knowledge and skills of current and new reservoir engineering and reserves management best practices.
- Facilitates reserve estimation, present value calculations and reserve reporting process. Interfaces with Business Unit reservoir engineering teams, accounting, treasury, bank representatives, external financial auditors, and third party reserve consultants for all reserves related matters.
- Provides operational and strategic planning for reserves team duties, fosters innovation, and organizes and negotiates the allocation of resources.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of personnel. Participates in decisions involving hiring, staff development promotions, compensation administration, and termination of employment.
- Provides oversight or conducts reserves management training and reserve process audits throughout the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of SEC reserves reporting, SOX and reserves management processes and workflows.
- Advanced knowledge of practical application of unconventional and conventional reservoir volumetric calculations, decline curve reserve determinations, appropriate analogue techniques and material balance assessments.
- Expertise in economic evaluation and reserve assessment for exploration programs, development drilling programs, work overs and production optimization opportunities. Expert user of Aries and/or other economic modeling software preferred.
- Ability to use rigorous logic, critical thinking skills and methods to effectively solve difficult problems.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures in order to prepare and maintain reports, budgets, and administrative records as required.
- Ability to assign, delegate, and direct the work of others outside normal business hours in periods of high activity.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training, performance assessment, couching, motivation, and career development to engineers and technical employees.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and the coordination of people and resources.
- Able to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new policies, procedures, and technology.
- Ability to ensure all employees are operating within all Chesapeake, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Petroleum Engineering or related field required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Petroleum Engineering or related field preferred.
- 15+ years of related work experience required.
- 8-12+ years of Reservoir Engineering or similar experience including reserves estimation and economic modeling preferred.
- 2-5+ years of Corporate Reserves experience including reserves determination for public company under SEC regulations preferred.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Strategic Planning, Management, Engineering, Finance, Strategy