|Date Posted||February 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Sinopec Canada is currently recruiting for a Development/Exploitation Engineer . Reporting to the Manager, Development – North, this position will be responsible for all Development/Exploitation Engineering activities related to maximizing the value of company assets through assisting multi-disciplinary teams.
- Formulate and execute development plans to meet or exceed budgeted deliverables;
- Track well performance versus expectations, and work with Production and Reservoir Engineering teams to ensure targets are met and forecasts are accurate;
- Actively steward capital spending and forecasting to ensure spending remains within budget and well economics are maintained;
- Work with Reservoir Engineering and Surface Land teams to increase the size, quality, and readiness of our drilling inventory;
- Organize and manage engineering data including pressure data, PTA, and other analyses;
- Recommend new technologies or cost-saving initiatives to continuously improve your program;
- Ensure overall regulatory compliance for area including preparation and submission of various government applications;
- Assess, grow and maximize the value of area assets for all exploitation and development activities;
- Create, recommend, and implement short and long range development plans leading to appropriate capital spending and budgeting;
- Manage and track capital spending and perform capital program economic look backs;
- Work closely with field staff and production engineers to optimize existing production and provide support for certain operations activities;
- Assist in leading team members to deliver on area activity, production and reserve targets;
- Assist in maintaining accurate company reserve bookings for assigned areas and perform as the company representative to independent reserve evaluators;
- Perform technical and economic evaluations (Mosaic) of Sinopec Canada assets and evaluate competitor results and other area play types to help understand regional results and opportunities;
- Gather and prepare presentation material for presentation to the asset, operational and management teams;
- Provide multi-disciplinary support for geology, geophysics, finance/accounting, mineral land, surface land and field staff;
- May provide periodical technical guidance to less experienced professionals or technicians working on a common project.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Competent in the use of industry software (Accumap, GeoScout, OFM, Microsoft Suite);
- Ensure technical completeness and accuracy of all Engineering related work;
- Display a high-level of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company’s core values, a respectful work environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct;
- Continually review industry technology practices and challenge Sinopec Canada’s current practices to promote discussion and optimization opportunities;
- Demonstrate ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience;
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering;
- Registered Engineering-in-Training or Professional Engineer through APEGA;
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin (written and verbal) is considered an asset;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.