|Location||Irving, United States|
|Date Posted||May 31, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Provide reservoir engineering support to one of 8 area teams in the Permian asset. This position's primary responsibilities will be to maintain up to three years of drilling inventory on their assigned rigs lines in addition to providing research and recommendations that improve returns.
- Quickly develop strong understanding of immediate area of responsibility by actively participating in the multi-disciplinary area team, generate ideas, recommendations that improve results and incorporate new learnings and contribute to continuous improvement in NAV
- Collaborate with other area teams to understand learnings in other areas and apply those as appropriate
- Working closely with area team geo, evaluate and propose field development plans for all reservoirs, including spacing, targeting, and sequencing. This includes both technical and economic analysis of all projects that are brought up for recommendation
- Help optimize rig schedule in the area and maintain a three-year rig schedule to optimize value, facilitate execution and infrastructure, and satisfy leasehold obligations
- Monitor, analyze and report performance from recent well results
- Monitor and report offset competitor activity
- Maintain forward looking type curve projections by area, interval and completion design
- Work with Completion Optimization engineers to evaluate and propose completion designs that yield the best economic outcome for an area
- Work with operations engineer to improve performance efficiency of existing wells by identifying potential well problems and recommending solutions
- Provide required technical support to Land and/or BD teams for acreage trades, acquisitions or divestitures to maximize value to Pioneer
- Help evaluate, prioritize and make recommendations for lease management
- Assist area team lead as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Established track record of successfully working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.