|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Ecopetrol America Incorporated - Houston, TX
The Development Geoscience Advisor/Interpreter is an experienced geoscience professional providing specialist expertise in detailed geophysical interpretation. This position requires a thorough understanding of deepwater depositional systems and structural elements including salt tectonics, and experience with subsalt seismic interpretation. This individual must have proven ability to integrate well and seismic data within a complex geologic framework, and a thorough understanding of seismic processing/imaging technologies, velocity analysis, depth conversion, and QI techniques. He or she must be capable of quickly learning and utilizing software tools and techniques, working effectively in multi-discipline teams, handling complex assignments, and generating high-quality results with minimal direct supervision.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce integrated reservoir evaluations from the interpretation of geologic, geophysical, and petrophysical datasets for use in model building and dynamic simulation as well as conventional maps for reserves and resource progression.
- Interface with Exploration geophysicists, Development geologists, and reservoir engineers.
- Provide expertise in the generation of appropriate interpretations of seismic datasets, logs, core, and fluid properties.
- Participate in peer-based risk and resource estimation processes.
- Recommend, propose and incorporate best practices in planning and executing development geoscience activities.
Minimum requirement: Masters Degree in Geology or Geophysics from a U.S., Canadian, U.K., or internationally-recognized university; Master’s or Ph.D. preferred.
Non-Technical and Organization skills Required
- Teamwork – experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Results and client oriented
- Ability to organize and coordinate
- Problem solving skills
- Continuous and effective communication
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Ability to develop strategies in line with the company’s business objectives.
Language Ability :
Native English required, bilingual English-Spanish a plus
Computer Skills :
MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Petrel
Overall Experience Requirement :
- Greater than 15 years career experience in geoscience,
- Greater than 10 years direct experience with development seismic interpretation
- Greater than 10 years of Deepwater experience, at least 5 years Gulf of Mexico
- Must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.; either U.S. citizen or permanent resident (possess Green Card).
- Commitment to Life - Acting to ensure a healthy, safe, and clean environment in daily activities, putting the integrity of the people, the environment, and the community as a priority value. It involves identifying and assessing risks in advance and implementing actions necessary to eliminate, control, or reduce them.
- Passion for Excellence - Working through processes, with operational discipline, giving the best of oneself to achieve outstanding results, continuously improving and innovating.
- Team Spirit - Working with others towards achieving the goals of Ecopetrol America. Keeping the commitments agreed upon, actively participating, and proactively sharing knowledge and information to learn and grow as a team; shaping and promoting synergistic work between the different areas as part of the culture of Ecopetrol America.
- Business Ethics - Creates a culture that fosters high standards of integrity and honesty; holds self and others accountable for rules and responsibilities.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Team Work - Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Technical Skills - Understands specialty equipment, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards.
- Job Knowledge - Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Job Type: Full-time
- Geoscience: 10 years
- Deepwater: 10 years
- Gulf of Mexico: 5 years
- Development Seismic Interpretation: 10 years