|Date Posted||May 4, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Maersk Oil has been through a restructuring process to strengthen the business core and reflect the increased focus on the North Sea. The new structure has opened up a number of exciting career opportunities. We Offer Maersk Oil offers you a unique opportunity to join a multinational and international organization with over 30 different nationalities at the office in Esbjerg. As strong diversity among our employees is essential, you will be able to engage, share knowledge and be a part of a cross-collaborative and diversity-oriented environment.
You will take part in an innovative organization through our global technology strategy. Compared to the traditional technology scope of Maersk Oil, the Technology Strategy introduces a stronger focus on drilling and production facilities, particularly in the direction of automation and digital technology solutions.
As the Geophysicist in the Gorm Reservoir Management team, you will get a unique opportunity to use your knowledge and experience providing geophysical evaluation, seismic interpretation and mapping to support reservoir management. You will be provided with the opportunity to work with high quality 4D seismic for reservoir management. Key Responsibilities You will be the one to provide geophysical support to the Gorm Reservoir management including support for Tyra reservoir management and Gorm-Tyra satellites. Furthermore, you will ensure robustness of geophysical studies through effective interaction with internal and external expertise. Finally, you will have the responsibility of supporting asset integrated activity planning.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Seismic analysis and characterization of reservoir architecture for input to reservoir models and opportunity maturation
• Integration with other subsurface disciplines to provide input to conceptual, static and dynamic models
• Develop deliverables and performance metrics in collaboration with team leader Who we are looking for It is important that you address the job with a strong understanding of the business and people.
Naturally, you thrive well in a highly independent and visible position in a free and dynamic working environment.
We are looking for a result-oriented and proactive person with excellent interpersonal and communicative skills who can combine a holistic business view with concrete geophysics initiatives. Also, it is desired that you are analytical with a systematic approach to your work.
This calls for an outgoing person in building relationships with people throughout the organization.
• MSc. Level or higher in geoscience with more than 5 years of relevant experience in the oil industry
• Broad background in geophysics including development studies
• Experience of in working in multi-disciplinary technical teams
• Detailed knowledge of 4D seismic interpretation
• Integration of rock physics information and quantitative interpretation for reservoir characterization
• Prior experience of chalk fields preferable
• Advanced workstation-based seismic interpretation and mapping (Petrel)
• Awareness of seismic data acquisition and processing
• Proficient in oral and written English