|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2017|
Position: Development Geologist
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job type: Contract - 12 months
We are currently working with a global, well established and expansion focused E&P business who are in the process of expanding their in-country presence. Due to this continued growth, a need has arisen within the business to add a highly experienced Development Geologist to their team to assist with the ongoing and upcoming projects.
In this position, you will report directly into the Head of subsurface and be responsible for evaluating some new data the business has acquired to find new targets and go through the acquisition process.
Ideal experience will include:
- Minimum 12 years in the industry, of which 7 years hands on unconventional experience with the majority in the USA
- Familiarity with at least two, preferably 3 independent shale plays
- Core skill in multivariate analysis and fairway mapping
- Be comfortable with handling all data types (core, wireline, borehole image data, petrography, geochemical data, pressure, 3D seismic, microseismic)
- Ideally will have hands on experience selecting landing zones, managing directional wells and evaluating outcomes.
Suitable candidates will be a driven, autonomous, self-motivated professional who is passionate and hungry to succeed, with a good command of the English language and passion for safety.
You must also have at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.