|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Castleton Commodities International, LLC, a leading Merchant Commodity Trading and Investment Firm located in downtown Houston, is hiring a Development Geologist to support the Upstream business. CCI currently operates 1,200 wells in East Texas, the Paradox Basin and the Black Warrior Basin. CCI will become the fifth largest producer in East Texas after closing a deal in November to acquire an additional 1,300 operated wells. This position will provide geologic support for various plays in the East Texas basin. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced and best in class team and be involved in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial upstream business.
- Provide geological interpretations to identifying behind pipe and infill development opportunities integrating regional and field-level mapping, subsurface correlations, core data, petrophysical analysis, well tests and/or offset production, and cross-sections.
- Generate and propose infill drilling locations, behind pipe recompletions, and shallower or deeper zone prospects for development, including well proposals, risking, well planning, post-drill analysis, and volumetrics.
- Create and support basin and geological models, including detailed structural and stratigraphic interpretations where needed.
- Provides input to field development, exploration, and drilling plans.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to execute projects.
- Prepare and deliver professional geologic presentations to support recommendations both internally and externally.
- A Master’s degree in Geology.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Fully competent and experienced in standard geological tasks including mapping, stratigraphic correlations, cross section generation, map distribution of reservoir presence and quality, identification of net reservoir and generation of net reservoir isochore maps, creation of structure and isopach maps integrating well logs, seismic, production, experience integrating all existing data into a complete interpretation.
- Ability to evaluate technical risks relating to trap, reservoir, charge, and seal, and combine them with economic and engineering data to develop a comprehensive business picture for decision making.
- Strong understanding of log analysis.
- Experience with geo-steering horizontal wells a plus.
- Experience with well planning and building well prognoses.
- Proficient with Petra, Kingdom, or Geographix
- Knowledge of Spotfire a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to present work product in an effective manner.