|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||October 30, 2017|
Are you a good fit for this role? Candidates will only be considered with the following experience:
- Unconventional Oil & Gas experience. Preferably in the Permian or comparable Lower 48 basin
- 4-8 years of total career experience working for an E & P company
- Experience as an operations and development geologist
- A creative and innovated geologist with excellent communication
- Currently living and working in the DFW area. This job is in Downtown Dallas.
CSI Recruiting is currently seeking a 4-8 year experienced Geologist to work with a company based in Dallas. The company needs someone with operations experience but also experience in field development (for their current asset base) Our client is engaged in the exploration, development, acquisition, and production of oil and natural gas reserves in several domestic basins including the Permian, East Texas and Mid Continent. A geologist trained with a knowledge of Petrel and Reservoir Modeling would be a bonus.
Firm has a very strong leadership team and has assembled a team of detail-oriented technical professionals in engineering, geology and land. Collaborative team environment and high energy workplace.
- Responsible for adding value to existing acreage through prospect and regional-level subsurface mapping and identification of drilling/re-completion opportunities.
- Required to perform high quality, integrated project evaluations in a timely manner utilizing PETRA and Geographix software.
- Interpret project data in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform workstation interpretation on company projects, petrophysical well-log interpretation, screen and evaluate industry generated prospects.
- Effectively communicate project evaluations and recommendations.
- Ability to prepare and communicate technical information effectively to management ensuring effective decisions can be made, and ability to present prospects effectively to industry partners.
- Effectively coordinate and manage well-site preparation and operations.
- Communicate with other departments, partners and government agencies on pre and post drilling requirements, and effectively work with well-site personnel and industry partners during logging, coring and geo-steering operations.
- Work with other disciplines, interact effectively within teams, assume leadership role and provide mentoring as needed.
- Bachelor & Master’s Degree in Geology
- Between 4-8 years of E & P experience working for independent operators. This is a junior level opportunity
- Highly developed multi-tasking and organizational skills – both assessing and managing priorities.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit possessing excellent interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- total career: 4 years
- DFW E & P: 4 years