|Date Posted||May 20, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
We are looking to retain an experienced, well-rounded, self-starting, Development Geologist.
Reporting to the Vice President of Geology & Geophysics, the successful candidate will be a key member of a multidisciplinary team with duties related to maintaining and maximizing the value of the company’s Montney assets.
This role’s key objectives will be to:
- Evaluate and map our key project area through detailed assessments and analysis and by integrating multiple data types at a technologically advanced level
- Work closely with engineering staff to build representative type curves and evaluate well economics
- Evaluation of corporate land holdings including expiries, farm-out and joint venture opportunities
- Support the Business Development team with activities relating to Company’s lands as needed
- Provide multi-disciplinary support for engineering, geophysics, mineral land, and surface land staff
- Working closely in a multidisciplinary team of reservoir engineers, petrophysicists, geophysicists, to create integrated reservoir models
- Provide recommendations on potential drilling opportunities and development follow-up activities and production optimization
- Operational activities focused on geological well-site supervision and reporting
- Cognisant of company’s corporate goals and assists in achieving the quarterly and annual objectives
- Active involvement in risk analysis, economic evaluations and the integration of geology, petrophysics, seismic and engineering as a component of project development
- Ensures all recommendations assist in maintaining the company’s safety standards and the least amount of environmental impact possible
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- A Bachelor of Science in Geology and a Registered Professional Geologist through APEGA combined with 8-15+ years’ experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience specifically in the liquid rich portion of the Montney Formation
- Experience with horizontal drilling on multi-well pads
- Familiarity with rock evaluation techniques, specialized mapping, petrophysical applications, reserve assignments and risk analysis
- Knowledge and expertise of depositional environments, facies, and stratigraphy;
- A strong economic analysis background on both individual well and large scale evaluation
- Proficiency with industry software GeoScout and Petra a definite asset
- Must have the ability to deliver results while under pressure and competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make recommendations to Senior Management and the ability to work cohesively with diverse personalities, functional groups and senior level staff
If you are interested in this position, and have direct, relevant, experience, please submit your resume by no later than Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
Thank you in advance for your interest in our organization, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or recruitment agency calls, thank you.