|Date Posted||May 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Senex is a growing exploration and production company with a 30-year operating history. The company holds interests in over 68,000 square kilometres of oil and gas acreage across the Cooper Basin and Surat Basin, two of Australia’s most prolific energy producing regions. Senex operates the majority of its assets, produces over one million barrels of oil annually, and is successfully building a material gas business. The company is headquartered in Brisbane and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:SXY).
The Development Geologist will work within a cross-functional subsurface team comprised of engineers, geoscientists and technicians involved in the assessment and active development of Senex Energy Ltd.’s acreage position in the Surat Basin.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide geological support to producing fields working closely with exploitation engineers, reservoir engineers, geologists and geophysicists.
- Generate and maintain geocellular models incorporating all relevant subsurface data for input to reservoir simulation model.
- Generation of in-field opportunities for additional appraisal and development wells and in-wellbore activities.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of Field Development Plans, development of reserves and resource assessments and annual reserve audits of producing gas assets.
- Take an active role in reservoir and management strategy development.
- Be the focal point for operations geology as it relates to existing and new appraisal and development wells, including the design and implementation of geological data acquisition and analysis programs.
- Produce well proposals and work closely with the Drilling team on all drilling programs and development operations including well design, wireline and coring evaluation programs, well completions, and workovers.
- Perform post well studies and integrate new data to existing maps and models.
- Quality assurance of geological and well data acquisition, reporting and management for all development activities, formation evaluation and petrophysics.
- Provide strategic technical support to the Production team on development geological matters.
- Interface with Joint Venture partners for geological aspects of development operations.
- Reporting (written and verbal) on technical studies and appropriate presentation to management, partners and Government bodies.
- Applying Workplace Health and Safety standards to all business activity and adhere to relevant policies.
- Complying with all Senex Energy policies and government regulations including but not limited to WHSE, aboriginal heritage and land ownership legislation, HR/ER/IR, Finance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Qualifications / Experience
The incumbent will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary degree in Geoscience.
- Significant experience with an operating gas company is essential.
- 8+ years of experience primarily in production geoscience along with broad technical experience in development geology and interaction with production and reservoir engineers.
- Surat Basin CSG experience is highly desirable.
- Exploration and appraisal experience is essential.
- Good understanding of static geological model building (Petrel), including the incorporation of rock and fluid property data, pressure data, and flow unit data (PLT data); up-scaling to dynamic simulation models and model building workflows for use in field development, surveillance and management; and, for calculation of reserve estimates incorporating engineering data.
- Strong current workstation skills, including working in a 3D visualisation environment using Petrel.
- Independent, self-motivated, creative, results oriented, can work to given deadlines,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle some ambiguity in analysis.
Please note applicants must have the right to work in Australia in order to be considered for this position.
Applications close at 8am on Monday the 22nd of May.