|Location||New Plymouth, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
- Mining / Oil & Gas / Utilities
- Engineering & Maintenance
- New Plymouth
- Permanent / Full Time
- Challenging role with work/life balance
- Live and work in Taranaki
- A leading oil & gas company in growth phase
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Development Engineer that would like to work in an active and growing company where you'll find challenging work, then we want to hear from you!
You'll have solid hands-on experience in oil and gas production operations and would now like to break into fresh challenges. You like the idea of working in a dynamic and fast paced team where you can shoulder your own responsibilities, but also learn from experienced colleagues.
We are Todd Energy, a New Zealand owned organisation with diverse interests and a leading oil & gas explorer for over 70 years. In conjunction with various joint venture partners, Todd Energy has ownership in a number of facilities that are responsible for over 80% of New Zealand's hydrocarbon energy production. You can learn more about us at: http://www.toddenergy.co.nz/
Our Development Engineering team is based in the small city of New Plymouth, not far from our producing assets. Taranaki was recently voted 2nd best region in the world to visit in a recent survey by Lonely Planet. Visit http://www.taranaki.info/liveandwork/ to find out more about living and working in this stunning location.
We are looking for a Development Engineer with a process background, and experience in the FEED stages of brownfields and greenfields facility projects. This role will require a team player with highly developed personal skills to liaise and interact with the various internal and external stakeholders of each project.
Suitable applicants must have:
- Relevant process engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years' engineering or projects experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience in the front end engineering phases of projects and some understanding of the detailed design, construction and commissioning activities
- Experience in working with and supervising consultants
- Project management experience of small to medium sized projects in the hydrocarbon processing industry
- Ability to set up and manage budgets and schedules
- High level communication skills including the ability to communicate moderately complex issues
- Ability to set priorities on competing issues in conjunction with management according to value to the business
- Have a good understanding of engineering risk and process safety
- A team player with a proven track record of working in a diverse cross-functional environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Motivated, self-starting, independent individual with high level of initiative.