|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Development Engineer performs engineering focused technical studies for the purposes of optimizing and informing Wattenberg Strategic Development Plans (SDP) the findings of which will help generate best practices in reservoir, completion and production methods which will drive future development of the Asset. They will perform statistical field-wide scientific and engineering analysis utilizing internal and public data to complete reservoir studies and economic reviews.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Recommend engineering study topics for Wattenberg Asset to Senior Asset Developer;
- Complete comprehensive project lookbacks inclusive of drilling, completion, and production methods to determine anticipated project economics and report findings to management and other project stakeholders;
- Provide engineering support for wellbore orientation studies as needed;
- Identify, procure, and evaluate public engineering data to increase our understanding of peer operations and techniques to enhance our technical best management practices within the Asset;
- Evaluate economics for leasing opportunities and/or trades as provided by Wattenberg Land team;
- Review investor reports on peer companies and evaluate technical items, communicating data of interest as needed;
- Continuously evaluate down-spacing theory for viability and ensure current desired spacing is being communicated to the Sr. Asset Developer for integration into the SDP;
- Perform statistical field-wide studies and present findings;
- Collaborate with Well Execution and Production teams on technical engineering learnings and follow up on potential for incorporation into operation;
- Maintain reservoir models for multi-phase horizontal wells and utilize models to further enhance spacing theory and productivity;
- Perform monte-carlo, multivariate, etc. analysis to identify potential risks or enhancements within the Asset;
- Collaborate with Development Geologist to further enhance geologic theory and models;
- Continuously present updated findings to team and Planning and Development Manager
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong knowledge/experience in:
- Petroleum Engineering,
- Multivariate modeling,
- Reservoir modeling.
- Functional knowledge/experience in:
- Oil & Gas Operations.
- Self-starter with high level of Initiative;
- Task and deadline oriented;
- Curious and intellectual;
- Strategically minded;
- Knowledge of data sources, how to database and analyze data;
- Strong computer skills;
- Ability to present to large groups and senior management.
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
VI. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree preferred, other engineering degrees considered;
- Minimum 5 years oil and gas experience with demonstrated knowledge in project evaluations and technical studies.
VII. PDC ENERGY VALUES
Integrity – We live by our word.
We are always fair and honest, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and will be known for doing what we say we will do.
Stakeholder Focus – We treat all stakeholders fairly.
We are ever striving to exceed internal and external stakeholders’ expectations by understanding their requirements and providing excellent service.
Responsibility – We depend on performance.
We embrace our individual contribution and commitment to do what is expected of us with unconditional accountability, and we practice safety, show respect for each other, and exhibit positive corporate citizenship at all times.
Teamwork – We are one company.
We understand that none of us are as smart as all of us, and will succeed beyond our individual contributions through effective teaming.
Sound Growth – We will be here tomorrow.
We will be independent and flexible, manage risk, and develop successful leaders and technical expertise to ensure sustainability and growth.
Quality – We innovate and improve.
We start with quality in mind and constantly improve through innovation our ability to leverage our strengths, our resourcefulness, and by acting on lessons learned.