|Date Posted||August 22, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
CA-Calgary, Alberta (Headquarters)
Athabasca is seeking a Development/Exploitation Engineer for its Light Oil Division which is centered on the Kaybob region of Alberta. Athabasca has a significant land base, well established infrastructure, and a large drilling inventory of Duvernay and Montney locations. This is an opportunity to join a team with high growth potential and have the ability to make a large impact.
This role will report to the Development Manager within the Light Oil Division. The role is centered on supporting development in the Kaybob region. This self-motivated individual will contribute significantly in the development of assets by working within a multi-disciplinary team to identify and assess opportunities and carry out development plans.
This position is based in Calgary.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in the upfront planning, creation and execution of development plans
- Update and maintain 5 year plans and long term Field Development Plans
- Full cycle budget management including planning, forecasting production and capital, performance analysis
- Support capital projects with economic evaluations and recommendations
- Complete competitor data analysis, type curve creation, and analysis
- Evaluate annual reserves for individual assets
- Ensure regulatory compliance for reservoir and development matters
- Mentor and direct technical and support staff
- 7+ years of related industry experience
- 4+ years of Development/Exploitation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and current member of APEGA
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a multi-discipline team
- Experience in an execution focused or in an operations role is viewed as a benefit
- Shale/unconventional experience is an asset
- Geoscout, Valnav, ESIManage experience a benefit
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer an exciting and entrepreneurial work environment and an array of projects in our portfolio.
Athabasca Oil Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.