|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||December 21, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Sr. Development GeologistTracking Code HOC Job Description Hunt Oil Company (HOC), a privately held exploration and production company, has successfully conducted worldwide petroleum operations for over 80 years and is one of the world’s leading independent energy companies. The mission of Hunt Oil Company is to be a growth-oriented industry leader respected throughout the world for the quality and competency of its people, the efficiency and scope of its operations, and its rich heritage of honesty and integrity. HOC is currently developing its Ain Sifni PSC in the northwest Kurdistan Region, Iraq. The Ain Sifni PSC contains large surface anticlinal structures where Hunt Oil has drilled several wells and plans further development in the future. HOC is currently looking for a Sr. Development Geologist to support the development of this asset and work with an integrated team to build and update the static reservoir descriptions for multiple reservoirs.
- Geological analysis of multiple reservoirs.
- Interpret and integrate well log, core, and test data into a reservoir model.
- Prognosis for G&G oversight of drilling wells with multiple targets while advising drilling engineers on geologic drilling hazards (unstable hole, faults, folds).
- Provide technical oversight for field geologist and mud loggers.
- Work with reservoir engineer to build and update the static reservoir descriptions.
- Work with reservoir engineer to select the optimum location for the development wells.
- Maintain and update reservoir maps with new well data and 3D seismic as needed.
- International travel as needed to well site and country office to support operations.
- Responsible for working with project reservoir engineering team and Central Reservoir Engineering Group to construct and maintain reservoir model and document reserves.
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate recommendations to management and personnel at the rig site.
- Strong ability to work in an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
- Technical supervision skills plus ability to mentor younger staff.
- Good presentation skills, powerpoint, written and verbal.
- Integrated geological/geophysical workstation interpretation skills: SMT/Kingdom and/or Petrel.
- A master’s degree in the geosciences (Geology or Geophysics).
- Experience with carbonate depositional processes and fractured carbonate reservoirs.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a development geologist – International experience preferred.
- Experience drilling vertical and horizontal wells in complex structural environments.
- Strong structural geology background preferred.
- Integrate well data and 3D seismic to define petroleum system and reservoir parameters in field and region.
- 2-D and 3-D seismic interpretation SMT/Kingdom workstation experience.
- Basic understanding of drilling practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.) Job Location Dallas, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular