|Date Posted||May 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 100 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 31,000 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford is currently hiring for a Wellsite Geologist (contract position only) within our Surface Logging Systems division. The successful candidate should be based in St. John’s Newfoundland, able to work in off-shore environments.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for wellsite geological supervision in Canada.
Other responsibilities include:
- Drill cuttings sample preparation, description and interpretation
- Mudlogging operation (total gas and or chromatography operation of equipment and maintenance)
- MWD and geo steering supervision
- Directional well path supervision using drill cuttings, MWD/LWD parameters, gas readings, offsetting information
- Wireline logging supervision and interpretation
- Coring supervision, testing supervision and interpretation
- Inorganic geochemistry work using XRF equipment for analyzing drill cuttings and core
- This position is a contract role and work on the offshore rig is temporary and intermittent. The successful incumbent will be contacted only when required to fill in for the current Well Site Geologist staff, on an 'as needed' basis. On Call work is a condition of this role.
- Bachelors degree in Geology or technical diploma in a relevant discipline and related experience
- Industry certification/training (WHIMS, H2S Alive, First Aid)
- All mandatory offshore certifications preferred (i.e. BST etc.)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience on off-shore platform required
- Experience with clastic and carbonate lithology
- Familiar with all drilling rig operations
- Experience with horizontal and deviated wells
- Strong computer skills, including striplog software and MS Office
- Experience with Petrel software considered an asset in this position
- This posiiton is on a contract, call out basis and the incumbent would be required to go offshore on short notice (no set schedule)
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
As this position is safety sensitive, selected candidates will be required to complete pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical testing. Additionally, as this role requires travel to offshore platforms, candidates will be required to complete applicable offshore training including offshore medical testing and basic survival training.
This role may require work off-shore in facilities with smoke-free environments. All successful candidates will be required to adhere to Weatherford and customer requirements restricting or prohibiting tobacco usage.