|Date Posted||November 17, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Canbriam Energy Inc. - Calgary, AB
We are a privately-funded, liquids-rich Montney gas producer with a highly focused land position west of Fort St. John. We own and operate our facilities with average daily production of 27,000/boed. We have just under 50 employees and close to 85 team members when you include full-time contractors and field staff.
Canbriam has been in existence for 8 years. Five of our current Executive team members have been here since almost day one. Canbriam plans to keep growing and aspires to be the top intermediate E&P company in Canada. We work hard together to keep raising the bar, with our innovative water strategy, our approach to engagement with First Nations, and our integrated reservoir characterization. Culture and teamwork is important to everyone here, we all want this to be a place where everyone is happy to come to work every day.
We are seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer to join our Subsurface team, reporting to our Manager of Reservoir Engineering.
Our new team member will be based primarily in the corporate office in Calgary, with the requirement for occasional travel to the field near Fort St. John.
Responsibilities for the position are expected to include a mix of the following:
- Support the Manager of Reservoir Engineering in a number of functions including preparation of the annual reserves report, development planning, budget inputs, and economic evaluations (land sales, new plays, stakeholder requests)
- Integrated reservoir characterization – work with peers in Geoscience and Engineering to enhance understanding of company assets and optimize development plans through the integration of all available data
- Respond to reserves-related technical requests from financial institutions and shareholders; update reserves database regularly and run with current price forecasts
- Prepare regulatory applications and ensure regulatory compliance with timely submissions
- Business development – area analysis & type curve development, competitor intelligence, land sale evaluations, understanding of evolving technologies (completions, etc) and their impact
- Budget – analyze historical well performance and provide input for accurate forecasting (type curves by area, liquids ratios, etc)
- Other projects – investor relations material, Board meeting preparation, operations support, etc
This position is offered as an initial 6-month contract job offer, with a targeted start date of January 3, 2017. The ideal candidate will have an interest in, and potential for, longer-term employment with Canbriam.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be energized by the opportunity to contribute to a highly technical and integrated Subsurface team of Geoscientists and Engineers
- Have a friendly and proactive approach to communications within the team and across the company
- Be intensely curious about our reservoir and be willing to challenge the status quo
- Have a unique ability to work at a detailed level with large amounts of data, while understanding the bigger picture and the key variables that have the largest impact
The candidate must have:
- An Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 10 years of combined Reservoir or Exploitation Engineer experience in the WCSB (with a job title of “Reservoir Engineer” or “Exploitation Engineer”)
- At least 1 year of Montney, Duvernay or tight carbonate Reservoir or Exploitation Engineer experience
- Adept at using Value Navigator, with at least 1 year of experience
- Adept at using GeoScout or an equivalent mapping package
- BD evaluation experience, with Montney evaluations preferred
- Regulatory experience working with a provincial regulator in BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan (with BC / OGC experience preferred)
Beneficial Experience (not Mandatory)
- Eng. designation with APEGA
- Familiarity with a variety of reservoir engineering software such as well test, decline analysis & simulation (IHS Fekete, Petrel, etc)
Only applicants who meet the above qualifications will be considered. In addition, candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be available to begin work the on January 3, 2017.
Please note that although the position is designed as a 6-month contract, there is potential for longer-term employment and preference will be given to individuals applying for the posting, not consulting engineer firms proposing consulting candidates or individuals who have chosen consulting as a career path.
If you meet all the requirements and want to be considered for this opportunity: submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, how your qualifications and experience match the requirements, and your availability to begin work on January 3, 2017. Address your cover letter to Alli Marshall, Director, Culture + Talent + Leadership .
Only applications through Indeed.ca will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on Monday November 28, 2016 .
Job Type: Contract