|Date Posted||November 15, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Consulting Reservoir Engineer
The primary task of our Consulting Reservoir Engineers is to perform ensemble-based reservoir modelling and history matching studies for our clients internally and/or externally.
Other tasks include assisting in presenting our software products and methods to potential clients, as well as assisting in the development and QC of our software (providing continuous feedback from the “field”, and testing new releases).
As our potential clients are worldwide, our Consulting Reservoir Engineers need to be flexible with respect to travelling.
We expect our Consulting Reservoir Engineers to:
- Take pride in their work, and deliver high-quality results in the specified timeframe.
- Be able to present and discuss project results in a clear manner and give recommendations to the client.
- Have an expert role in the sales processes, providing technical advice to the clients
- Provide key input to the software development team based on their user knowledge and insight.
- University level MSc or PhD in Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering, Math/Physics, or Computer Science
- 3+ years’ working with/for E&P companies doing reservoir modelling
- Expert knowledge of Petrel workflows
- Expert knowledge of ECLIPSE simulation software
- Experience of reservoir modelling (geological modelling) in Petrel
- Experience of history matching real fields
- Acquaintance with programming (master at least one programming language)
- Familiarity with ensemble based reservoir modelling and history matching technique
- Experience working as a consultant towards E&P companies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (outgoing with a commercial mindset)
- Takes a structured, analytical and proactive approach to solving client challenges
- Independent and self-going
- You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done.
- You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning.
- You have a constant desire to grow and develop.
- You are comfortable in a high-paced environment, and can respond to urgent requests.