|Location||Palo Alto, United States|
|Date Posted||January 16, 2018|
As the technical lead for computational geomechanics for the project, the incumbent will have to:
- Ensure the good conduct of the project, relevancy of scientific and technical directions, stakeholder management and technology transfer.
- Conduct original, independent and world-class research.
- Develop complex numerical algorithms to efficiently model coupled flow, transport and geomechanics on high-performance computing platforms.
- Actively contribute to code development and management.
- Publish reports and peer-review publications summarizing research findings. Present results at program meetings and scientific conferences.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Contexte and environment
Project is located in California. The incumbent will share his time between Stanford University and Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
PhD in Computational Science applied to Petroleum Engineering, Computational Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computational Petroleum Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Significant experience and advanced knowledge of geomechanics, multiphase flow, and behavior of reservoir systems.
Significant experience and advanced knowledge of numerical methods, including discretization schemes and solution techniques.
Expert in Object Oriented programming and C++ and software development.
Experience with parallel computing.
Significant research creativity and impact demonstrated through an excellent publication track record.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to create and present reports, publications, and to provide technical information and advice to management and other stakeholders.
Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to work in a diverse and multidisciplinary research team.
Experience in unconventional and/or geological carbon storage simulation would be a significant advantage.
French language is a plus
* This position is currently only open to candidates that are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Workplace location 2
Primarily at Stanford
Experience level required
6 - 10 years
Exploration and Production
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.