|Date Posted||October 5, 2015|
This is a fantastic role for a Principal Petroleum Engineer to gain maximum exposure across an ever growing FTSE 100 exploration and production company.
The organisation have recently made some world class greenfield discoveries and are presently developing those. This position will support the COO and Development Manager across a broad range of petroleum engineering requirements. Functionally you will support a portfolio of assets in various countries worldwide, supporting the reservoir and petroleum engineers based locally and you will also play an important role contributing towards the appraisal phase of a world class greenfield development. The ideal candidate will be able to bring a broad set of skills across reservoir simulation with an understanding of broader well planning, well location, drilling and production technology techniques.
A summary of key accountabilities are:
- Provide petroleum engineering input into multi-disciplinary projects, including reservoir & well performance evaluation, field appraisal & development planning and implementation, well placement & production optimization, decision & risk analysis.
- Provide petroleum engineering support to Exploration and New Venture projects in liaison with commercial and technical teams.
- Analyse and feed information into business planning and Group reporting, including co-ordination of reserves reporting.
- Participate and coordinate technical presentations to the Executive Team, Management Team and external parties.
- Assist in preparation of P&L Inventory, reserve and development cost estimates.
- Develop field appraisal strategies to cost-effectively mature discoveries through to development.
- Plan, initiate and coordinate relevant petroleum engineering studies, operations and assurance activities.
- Evaluate, select & manage service companies / consultants to support company’s technical work programmes.
- Must be confident in succinctly summarizing key technical findings, implications and conclusions including potential risks to projects and recommended forward plans
- Must be comfortable working across a spectrum of projects including early stage new ventures, exploration and appraisal projects and production operations.
- Broad Petroleum Engineering background with experience working in an international context, within an upstream E&P company, preferably covering subsurface, production technology, operations and development projects.
- Experience working on range of oil & gas developments across onshore, offshore & deepwater environments with an in-depth understanding of all aspects of hydrocarbon exploration and production. Should have a good handle on well costs, facility/production concepts, operations costs, uptimes and schedules and industry means of generating these key requirements (benchmarks, analogues, Questor, Engineering companies etc)
- Extensive experience and capability to ensure credibility both internally and externally.
- Well developed management skills that can be applied to integrated projects. Capable of structuring and writing technical file notes and reports in a concise and evidence based manner.