|Location||Oklahoma, United States|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2016|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||20|
Responsible for interpreting geological data to evaluate drilling prospects, managing advanced level geological studies in the Anadarko Basin and Gulf Coast regions, assessing property and data acquisitions and reviewing drilling proposals, managing geo-steering horizontal wells, reviewing data gathering plans, and supporting upper level management. Supervises Geologists and GIS Supervisor. Works closely with Chief Landman, Chief Engineer and SR. VP of Operations.
1. Select, assign, and train subordinate personnel and recommend associate personnel actions.
2. Interpret geological data to identify and evaluate drilling prospects in both exploratory and development modes; lead exploration team to develop organic prospect ideas.
3. Manage special, complex and advanced level geophysical studies in the Anadarko Basin and Gulf Coast regions.
4. Assess property and data acquisitions and review drilling proposal studies with geological data and economic evaluations; make associated recommendations to management.
5. Manage geo-steering horizontal wells and confirm well paths are kept within acceptable tolerances.
6. Review data gathering plans; analyze and monitor logging, coring and mud-logging.
7. Support upper management on a variety of projects.
8. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned. Position Requirements KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Knowledge of GIS and databases.
• Good organizational skills.
• Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in industry digital data
(IHS, DI, TGS).
• Master’s degree, preferably in a related field such as geology or geophysics.
• Experience with horizontal wells.
• Prior Anadarko Basin experience required.
• Prior experience in the Permian Basin, Marcellus, and Gulf Coast regions preferred.
• Prior experience with PETRA preferred.
• Requires twenty or more years of directly related experience.