|Location||Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya|
|Date Posted||May 13, 2018|
TITLE: CHIEF GEOLOGIST
Essential/General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervision of the geological staff members of client to ensure an outstanding technical quality of their work and their continuing high performance through proper training programs.
· Overall supervision of geological Operations, Geological Laboratory and Geological studies and their output interpretation.
· Integrate the geological output with the geophysical output in cooperation and collaboration with Chief Geologist as well as Reservoir Engineering.
Some Specified Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Exploration Manager to achieve Waha’s short and long term targets.
2. Functional responsibility for the geology discipline in whole Concessions of Client.
3. Full support to maintain and up-date Client Company Portfolio of prospects and leads
4. Ensure that the proper G & G resources are in place to adequately address the work of exploration department.
5. Fully competent in the role of operational responsibility, technical reviews and audits of exploration and development projects.
6. Maintain company's full cycle G&G evaluation of E+P projects from exploration to development.
7. Perform a lead role in preparation of contractual agreements with external parties. These agreements include confidentiality agreements, exploration farm-ins, farm-outs, asset purchases and sales, joint operating agreements, Unit Operating Agreements and other long term contracts.
8. Provide technical support during start up and handover stages of exploration and development projects, as well as at the maturation execution stage.
9. Supervise and evaluate the mapping and delineation of reservoirs, participate in volumetric and reserves estimations, and provide geoscience support to a fast-paced drilling and development program, new plays assessments
10. Responsible for the evaluation of basins, plays and prospects throughout Libya
11. Peer reviewing within the company and coordinating consultant's work. Responsible for the growth of upstream portfolio. Identify additional development and exploration opportunities; enhance recovery from existing productive reservoirs.
Provide technical oversight for a small team of geoscientists, manage budgets, direct work and ensure quality.
Implement project plans and schedules in a timely manner
Technical evaluations and planning on future strategies on existing assets and new blocks.
1. B.Sc. required (M.Sc. preferred) in Petroleum Geology from a reputed University
2. 20 or more years of Exploration and or Production experience in oil industry.
3. Fully acquainted with the modern geological techniques and software used in E & P
4. Hands-on experience of developing and exploring structural and stratigraphical traps of exploration in broad-range of tectonic settings, depositional environments, and trapping mechanisms.
5. Strong knowledge in structural geology, petroleum geology, sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology and depositional environments, petroleum economics.
6. Fully competent in horizontal and vertical well planning.
7. Strong communications skills.
8. A proven track record as creative prospect generator and hydrocarbon discoveries.