|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Job Title: Business Development – Sr. Reservoir Engineer
Reports to: VP of Corporate Development
Support the Business Development Team in the Evaluation of Acquisition and Divestiture Opportunities. Principal activities will include: identification of prospects, economic evaluations, as well as competitor research and analysis.
- General Reservoir Engineering Duties for Business Development Opportunities
- Analysis of Competitor Positions
- Work in building long term relationships with potential counterparties.
- Work with development teams in understanding horizontal and vertical well planning and strategy.
- Interface directly with cross-functional teams for a smooth transition of new assets into Company drilling and development program.
- Analyze, interpret and integrate data from a wide variety of sources including production and geologic data to understand competitor activity.
- Conduct periodic economic and key performance indicator lookbacks of historic deals
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Collaboration skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Oriented
Supervisory responsibilities: None
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position type and expected hours of work: This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Travel: Some out of area and over-night travel will be expected. 10-15%
Required Education and experience: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (preferably Petroleum Engineering with a focus on Reservoir Engineering and Business Development) with at least 5 to 7 years experience
Preferred education and experience: Experience with reserve and economic software. Delaware and Midland Basin experience is a plus.
Additional eligibility qualifications: None
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.