|Date Posted||September 21, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
US Lower 48 onshore is one of the largest producers of natural gas in the United States, with a presence in seven of the leading U.S. gas basins. With a huge resource base and a deep expertise in unconventional gas, including shale, the business delivers hydrocarbon production as well as technical knowledge on unconventional gas to BP operations worldwide. Key accountabilities • Support for the evaluation of acquisitions, divestments, trades, and joint venture opportunities within the L48.
• Screening of acquisition opportunities to determine fit with L48 objectives.
• Developing, working with the Basin Teams, type curves, reserves, and development scenarios for potential A&D projects.
• Contribute to L48 portfolio evaluations and strategy efforts that forecast L48 inorganic activity over time.
• Preparation of economics for ATNs and/or FMs for transaction approval.
• Proficiency in ARIES is requireddynamic/numercial models, internal benchmarking studies, or RTL, to increase reservoir understanding of risk and optimize depletion planning.
- Evaluate, plan, and propose reservoir development options and actions to optimize economic recovery as well as decline management targets as per BP common processes such as BMX, Depletion Planning, RTL, RUSM, etc.
- Develop, evaluate, implement, and update Depletion Plans for assigned reservoirs.
- Provide robust short term and long term forecasts for base production based on an understanding of the reservoir depletion mechanism.
- Perform reserves estimates for any development opportunities, new wells, sidetracks, well-work, or recovery improvement projects to justify such work. Perform resource estimates of opportunities to improve recovery as identified from RTL or other studies.
- Define, lead and ensure, in a multi-disciplinary team environment, necessary surveillance for proper reservoir management and dynamic reservoir characterization.
- As instructed by SSTL, manage multi-disciplinary or RE technical projects (develop detailed plans and schedules for team members, set goals to meet objectives, maintain and track progress) to deliver project within scope and budget.
- Lead technical discussions with partners and government agencies to obtain tactical alignment for projects.
- Assess and implement new and existing technologies to improve RE understanding.
- Play active role in BP's community of practices to import and export best practices to enhance business results across the BU federation. Also maintain external networks to stay abreast of technology and competitor advancements.br>- Understand how HSE policies and OMS relate to job role. Take a proactive role in the organization to highlight HSE and integrity risks due to recommendations made.
- Know and apply the operational policies, as well as the requirements and commitments of SIGO. Identify and control hazards in his/her work area. Act as contract manager or authority area in accordance with the responsibilities assigned (See document (4.2) DCG-43 Description of SIG's Roles & Responsibilities). Essential Education • Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering required. Essential experience and job requirements • 5 years minimum experience with ARIES.
• Evidence of rapid upward advancement in career progression.
• Evidence of project management in multiple areas simultaneously.
• Experience with Microsoft suite of applications (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Eligibility Requirements If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future. Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location) There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below. Desirable criteria and qualifications • Demonstrated business and commercial focus.
• Self-directed, strong business acumen.
• Ability to function well independently, demonstrate ownership and self-sufficiency for project management and the achievement of agreed upon results.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing demands and deadlines.
• Ability to manage and deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities.
• Numerate with strong analytical ability.
• Relentless drive and determination.
• Ability to build productive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Highly organized and attentive to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sensitivity to confidential matters. Relocation available Yes - Domestic (In country) only Travel required Yes - up to 25% Is this a part time position? No About BP BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.