|Location||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2016|
This position is for Exploration Geologist in the Brazil Exploration Team.
The Exploration Geologist will be part of the team of creative and innovative professionals, being responsible for conducting regional studies and evaluate growth opportunities in Brazil. The goal is to unlock new play (s), continuously rejuvenate our play knowledge and high-grade the exploration portfolio.
- Provide sound regional geologic frameworks for generating and evaluating play prospectivity;
- Proactively identify/generate/evaluate new material opportunities;
- Derive reliable volumes, risk assessments, & critical subsurface parameters for defined plays, leads & prospects;
- Participate in proposing activities (e.g. seismic, acreage acquisition, divestiture, etc.) appropriate for exploration investments in existing venture areas;
- Participate in license rounds and/or acreage acquisitions;
- Participate in regional 3D/2D seismic mapping & interpretations, well to seismic correlation, depth conversion, and structural reconstructions, visualization & data management;
- Stay abreast of relevant technology developments within and outside the company. Test and apply new technologies and work-flows to enhance basin/play assessments;
- Proactively use GIS for mapping, maintain appropriate data management procedures for archiving & retrieval.
- MS or PhD in geology related subjects;
- Significant understanding of Deepwater depositional systems;
- Play-Based Exploration & regional framework studies;
- Should have a proven track record of successfully 2D/3D seismic interpretation and mapping;
- Prospect maturation (including volumes & risking);
- Structural interpretation and reconstruction of rift basins, convergent margins, salt tectonic regimes;
- Carbonate Stratigraphy and reservoir architecture;
- Has sufficiently wide knowledge in Basin Modeling;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese language, both written and oral is essential.
Desired key behaviors include:
- Commitment to HSSE & Goal Zero;
- Think global, “Enterprise First”;
- Take personal accountability to ensure timely delivery;
- A “Can Do, We Can Make It Work” attitude;
- Work for the good of the team, support other team members to deliver;
- Capacity to manage shared accountabilities;
- Multi-tasking for quick delivery when required;
- Comfortable receiving and providing constructive challenge;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Identify and implement solutions to achieve continuous improvement.