|Location||Moscow, Russian Federation|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2017|
This position is a key role within the BP Russia Reservoir Development Team based in Moscow.
BP Russia has a 19.75% shareholding in Rosneft and has agreements to jointly develop a greenfield in East Siberia, appraise a field in West Siberia and explore in Areas of Mutual Interest (AMI’s) amounting to over 400,000 sq.km.
The BP Russia team is responsible for evaluating new business development opportunities, oversight & influencing of Joint Ventures and technical studies for the shareholder team. BP’s interests in Russia range from frontier exploration to giant mature water-floods and from tight carbonates to viscous oil rim developments and high-perm gas
This individual will support activities in existing Rosneft-operated BP Joint Ventures and potential new joint ventures across Russia.
The individual should have 8+ years’ of experience in system modelling and optimisation, well work and well management, reservoir monitoring and water flood management.
Enhance value in Rosneft-operated JV’s with BP equity stake through leveraging Production and Petroleum engineering best practice and influencing skills.
Identify production opportunities through participating in production optimisation workshops, well by well reviews and application of integrated asset management and choke modelling techniques.
Support BP shareholder team in evaluating of new business opportunities.
This role is similar to Petroleum Engineer role
Degree or Masters in Petroleum Engineering, or a related discipline.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Production Technical Limits, System Optimisation tools (IAM software, choke modelling).
· Waterflooding, both early life and mature field.
· Well and Pad reviews, wellwork opportunity identification and execution.
· Reservoir surveillance, including Production Logging and production allocation.
· Demonstration of integration skills, bringing together wells, facilities and subsurface teams.
· Resilient and result-driven.
· Ability to turn around projects quickly, efficiently and effectively.
· Ability to multi-task and manage a range of work fronts.
· Minimum 8 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
· Experience with coaching and training staff.
· Strong presentation and communication skills.Strong Russian and English language.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (E.G. TRAVEL, LOCATION)
DESIRABLE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
Onshore multi-well pad development experience, producers and injectors.
Artificial lift well experience, particularly ESP and VSD operations.
Horizontal well, single and multi-lateral wells. Open-hole and slotted-liners.
Thin oil rim developments, with gas and water contacts and waterflood recovery.
IS THIS A PART TIME POSITION?
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
[ "28-Oct-2017" ]