|Date Posted||November 17, 2016|
Reporting to BP’s Australia Reservoir Development Team Leader, the primary responsibility of the Senior Geoscientist is to provide geoscience expertise to maximise the value of BP’s Australia Upstream assets through the safe and efficient progression of resources to reserves to production. This role requires a deep geoscience knowledge base and a track record of delivery working in producing assets, project development, new well delivery and reservoir management roles in a wide range of BP or international assets. The successful individual will possess excellent communication skills, an ability to effectively work in diverse and integrated teams, and be able to influence key stakeholders through technical gravitas.
- Provide geoscience support and assurance for key business decisions and project milestones, ensuring that subsurface uncertainty and risk management is quantified, understood and communicated to inform business decisions.
- Ensure that geoscience data and interpretation used in resource evaluation and volumetric assessments are compliant with the BP Subsurface and Resource reporting policies and guidelines.
- Influence operator(s) in non-operated BP assets to optimise the development and production of assets in a safe and sustainable manner to delivering maximum value.
- Ensure integrated subsurface description work for discovered fields supporting prediction studies, new well delivery or projects meets BP’s expectations, is fit for purpose and of required quality.
- Utilise BP subject matter experts (SMEs) and personal technical experience to influence and support operator technical work, and share learnings from Australian assets with BP’s regional and global technical communities.
- Provide geoscience leadership and coaching to the Reservoir Development team in Perth and ensure integration across the value chain from exploration to production.
- Foster effective and respectful relationships across various joint-ventures and other BP disciplines/functions.
Bachelor degree in Geology or Geophysics
Essential experience and job requirements
- Track record of delivery working in producing assets, projects, new well delivery and reservoir management roles in a wide range of BP or international assets with ability to influence others through technical gravitas
- Team player with ability to build relationships and established networks within and outside of BP with ability to mediate and steer others to consensus.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to listen and understand the views of others, in a respectful and positive manner.
- Deep technical grounding in core discipline plus strong working knowledge of related disciplines including exploration/appraisal, RE/PE, Projects and Wells.
- Track record of mentoring and coaching.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Office based role.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
1. Preferably having masters degree in Geology or Geophysics.
2. Experience working with:
- Gas fields
- Subsurface Uncertainty and Risk Management
- Production geology contributing to base management
- Model building
- Resource estimation
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.