|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The Energy Investment Banking team of Lazard Financial Advisory practice is seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer to join its team in Houston as an Associate.
Lazard technical Associates are a crucial part of the Investment Banking Group. Successful candidates will operate as part of small transaction teams, which provide a wide range of services to clients, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, general business planning and corporate finance advice, and strategic partnerships / joint ventures.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work on important, high profile, complex mandates, providing exposure to bankers throughout the firm and clients. Day-to-day activities of an Associate include technical analysis, financial modeling, creating and preparing presentations, interacting with clients, managing deal processes and providing guidance to and supervising Analysts, among other activities. The associate will have significant responsibility and will gain in-depth transaction experience, client exposure, negotiation skills, and an understanding of transaction structures.
· Provide engineering technical support for project execution and business development activities
· Evaluate oil & gas assets, including reserve analysis, production data and type curve analysis
· Perform and review financial valuation of oil and gas assets, discounted cash flow and comparable companies multiples-based analyses
· Produce technical presentation materials for marketing documents, management presentations and data room presentations using data provided by client or publicly available data
· Assist senior members of the transaction team in the execution of mandates
· Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 5 years of experience in an E&P company, engineering consulting firm or an equivalent role in an investment bank
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access), economics software packages such as Aries and PHDWin, and experience with Spotfire and other data analytical software packages
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
· Strong proficiency in reservoir engineering and economic analysis
· Knowledge of basic subsurface geology and operations
· Highly motivated with ability to work autonomously and as a team player
· Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously
· Unquestioned business ethics and personal integrity
Mergers & Acquisitions