|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||December 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
What is the opportunity?
RBC Richardson Barr is looking for a Petroleum Engineer who can work independently and with investment bankers, staff engineers/geologists and clients to contribute to the success of the firm. This is an opportunity to work with RBC Richardson Barr, one of the premier Acquisition & Divestiture (A&D) firms in the business, and the opportunity to have a direct working role on current or notable A&D transactions.
What will you do?
- Provide engineering technical support for A&D project execution and business development.
- Strong proficiency in reservoir engineering and economic analysis required, additional experience in operations preferred
- Generate engineering presentation materials including reserve evaluations, field studies, technical analyses and other exhibits for pitch books, executive summaries and data room presentations. Some general graphic design work necessary when constructing presentation exhibits.
- Present results of engineering analyses in pitch and data room settings.
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required
- Work directly at times with clients and investment bankers on highly confidential evaluations
- Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly.
What do you need to succeed?
- BS Engineering degree required; MBA or MS preferred.
- 5 - 15 years of prior related petroleum engineering experience; energy investment banking or A&D experience with active exploration and production company a plus.
- Majority of experience should be in reserves and evaluation, however, some operational exposure highly desired.
- Strong proficiency with evaluation software such as ARIES, PHDWin, Excel and Access required. Background in other analytical and evaluation software such as Spotfire, Petra, Crystal Ball, ArcGIS, Fekete Harmony, etc. would be a plus,
- Candidate must commercially oriented and understand the fundamentals of cash flow, economics and rate of return, as well as the ability to assess technical risk qualitatively as well as quantitatively.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong teaming skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills – must be able to present and defend engineering analyses to large groups.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels of organization.
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Replationships with other working groups including staff engineers, business development groups, mappers and analysts/technicians.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 4400 Post Oak Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/30/2017
Req ID: 124732
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Business Development, Technology, Finance, Engineering, Sales