|Date Posted||March 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen is responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world’s most significant basins including the UK North Sea, Western Canada, the United States and offshore West Africa. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen has three principal businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
At Nexen, our culture of accountability is key to delivering superior results. Underpinning this culture is a set of beliefs that drive company-wide behaviours around safety, collaboration, innovation and striving to exceed expectations every day. If you share these values, we want you to join our team.
With a robust portfolio of assets, we need high-performing employees who strive for continuous improvement and the chance to share in our future success. Your valued contributions are rewarded with a competitive compensation and benefits package including training that will open doors to your future.
Nexen is seeking a Houston based Asset Team Lead-Eagle Ford (Engineering) to guide and lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in optimizing the production and resource recovery of existing and future development of OOGC America's Eagle Ford Shale assets in Texas. OOGC America ("OOGC") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited and an affiliate of Nexen, with offices in Houston.
This role will report to the Asset Manager – Eagle Ford and is part of the OOGC Eagle Ford Asset Leadership Team. The Asset Team Lead is responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary team to optimize production and resource recovery of existing and future development projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a multidisciplinary team, including establishing clear goals and objectives that contribute and are consistent with those of the business unit;
- Manage individual performance through individual goal setting, performance appraisals, career development discussions, etc.;
- Provides mentoring and technical assistance to staff;
- Oversee reservoir characterization to support exploitation for developments, performance predictions to support the Annual Operation Plan, Strategic Plan, Reserves Process and the Asset Management Plan;
- Conduct ongoing risk assessments and enhance operating strategy to maximize resource recovery, while ensuring regulatory requirements are met;
- Communicate and integrate all applicable learnings from the Company’s unconventional operations and exploration teams experience;
- Liaise with other teams and departments of the company to ensure internal learnings are shared, best practices are followed and technical initiatives are implemented;
- Encourage and lead championing new technology, where appropriate;
- Stay up-to-date of industry knowledge and advancements;
- Maintains good technical relationships with partners with strategic emphasis on influencing in support of basin strategy;
- Develop and maintain a team atmosphere that is conducive to transparency, respect and cooperation, while ensuring focus on performance and results;
- Promote company culture and values with a focus on safety.
Education & Experience
- BSc in Petroleum Engineer with a professional designation;
- Minimum 10-15 years of Reservoir and/or Petroleum Engineering experience working with or in a cross-functional team or technical group;
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing a technical team;
- Proven ability to manage technical, economic and strategic issues;
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills;
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocating opportunities to senior management;
- Experience in unconventional oil exploitation and development is an asset;
- Proven ability to deliver results safely, on time and on budget, while maintaining and enhancing relationships;
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and integration skills.