|Date Posted||October 2, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Calgary Region / Canada / North America
Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas Operator are currently looking to hire an Asset Engineer on a long term contract basis. The Asset Engineer, will be responsible for Projects Phase 1, Reservoir Management and Development Planning. Prior to steam-in for Phase 1, the role will be focused on Production Operations Readiness. This position is based in the Calgary and is a 1 year contract position with the possibility of extension.
Long Range Plan Deliverable:
* Define/Update Long Range Plan for Phase 1, in collaboration with Technical Services groups and Corporate Planning. This is an annual process.
* Define development plan, including Production forecast for Phase 1, identifying opportunities for optimization.
* Conduct economic evaluations for Phase 1, including scenario analysis of optimization opportunities.
Reservoir Management Plan:
* Coordinate multi-discipline team comprised of members from Resource Management: Reservoir Engineering, Production Engineering, Water, Geophysics, and Geology, with focus on Phase 1 phases of operation (start-up, circulation, SAGD).
* Define Reservoir Management Plan, focusing on execution of plan and long term strategy for Phase 1.
* Ensure alignment of Subsurface operating strategy with Operations team and their Commissioning, Start-up, and Operations plans.
* Lead and coordinate the team in Asset performance evaluation, data analysis, identification of mitigation strategies, and decision making strategy, to ensure optimization of Phase 1 production performance.
* Deliver production/steam forecast for Base Production wedge
Provide subsurface input to Operations Safety audits, as needed.
* Define budget requirements and work with team to manage to these.
* Develop/maintain/track timelines for Phase 1 to ensure key activities and deliverables are communicated and achieved for Asset.
Post Start-up Phase 1
* Coordinate the Reservoir Management team: responsible for subsurface reservoir and asset performance.
* Report on Phase 1 performance to Asset Management.
* Coordinate team for asset performance evaluation, focusing on mid to long term solutions.
* Support short term asset performance management, in conjunction with the Production and Reservoir Optimization Team (PRO)Provide support for the execution of the Reservoir Management Plan.
* Undergraduate degree (Mechanical/Chemical/Petroleum Engineering) or related field is required
* Minimum 10 years' experience in the oil and gas industry is required
* Previous Production and/or Reservoir engineering experience with start-up of SAGD well pairs is required
* Understanding of subsurface reservoir aspects of SAGD is required
* Knowledge of SAGD reservoir management while in production phase
* Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team of geoscientists, engineers, and regulatory specialists
* Ability to evaluate multiple options and create a business plan to recommend one
* Understanding of reservoir performance metrics and how they relate to design parameters for well and surface facility design
* Previous formal or informal leadership experience in mentoring and training junior level employees is a benefit
* Understanding of SAGD Pad process flow and instrumentation is a benefit
* Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple project activities simultaneously
* Ability to collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
* Strong organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication skills
* Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment