|Location||The Woodlands, Texas|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2016|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Technical lead role to coordinate Newfield’s technical and business related activities in the Williston and Uinta Basin’s. This will include providing direction, coordinating activities and measuring results for the multidiscipline team. This leadership role will promote communication, and foster team contribution to deliver results consistent with the defined goals of the team. In addition to leading, this role will be a working role with technical responsibilities reporting to an Asset Manager.
- Optimize, manage and measure performance related to revenue, capital, expenses, production volumes and reserves
- Facilitate ongoing drilling programs – coordinate well schedule, permitting, AFE’s, and well/pad approvals
- Coordinate budgeting, forecasting, and reserve/economic analysis for year-end reserves and budget
- Maintain accurate asset resource potential
- Ensure Team is adequately resourced - Prepare staffing plan and coordinate responsibilities to develop efficient use of existing manpower and identify resource “needs” of the team including: Software/Hardware, Training requirements and Team building
- Liaise with functional resources to ensure team is fully informed and engaged
- Corporate Development
- Operations (Drilling, Production, Completions, and Facilities)
- Coordinate exploration opportunities
- Understand economics and the economic drivers of the teams projects
- Oversee and lead multidisciplinary team of Reservoir Engineers and Geoscientists
- Work closely with counterparts in Land, Drilling and Production to maximize the profitability of the Williston and Uinta assets including drilling and recompletion opportunities, base production, land renewals etc
- This position will coordinate technical and business related activities in our Williston and Uinta Basins.
- Knowledge of competitor activity and market data is critical.
- Ability to communicate technical data through the preparation and presentation of clear, concise and persuasive oral/written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Must have strong technical background in at least one major petroleum related discipline, reservoir engineering preferred, along with a basic appreciation for all other functions.
- Ability to work independently reporting to the Asset Manager.
- Remarkable acumen in business matters with the dedication to providing sound solutions to increase efficiency and value.
- Team oriented individual with strong leadership ability to motivate and develop team members while maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Will work with Asset Manager to carry out impact assessment and performance reviews for team members and will keep the Asset Manager advised of potential personnel issues.
- Proven ability to interact with a multidisciplinary oil and gas team and capacity to establish professional credibility with internal and external contacts.
- Must have an established industry network with successful technical professionals and E&P companies.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
- Must have strong background of SEC reserve reporting guidelines and their application
- Proficient in ARIES, EXCEL and standard evaluation software
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (Engineering, Reservoir or Petroleum preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of upstream oil and gas experience.