|Date Posted||December 15, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
The Asset Lead supervises technical and business related activity in the Mid-Con Asset Team. This will include providing direction, coordinating activities and measuring results for the multidisciplinary team. This leadership role will promote communication and foster team contribution to deliver results consistent with the goals of the team. In addition to leading, this role will be a working role with a technical responsibility. The role reports to the Asset Manager.
- Lead a sub-surface team of geologists, engineers and technical support
- Develop reservoir management plans and make recommendations to optimize current development of the Mid-Con Division
- Liaise with Drilling, Completions, Production and Facilities groups to drive field development and production optimization plans.
- Take New ideas from concept to execution
o Assess technical feasibility
o Design controlled experiments
o Take experiments to decision point
o Recommend execution
- Develop budget inputs and recommend capital allocations
- Recommend and manage technical studies budgets
- Coordinate reservoir modeling efforts
- Develop/mentor team members
- Insure Team is adequately resourced
o Prepare staffing plans
o Coordinate work to efficiently apply existing manpower
o Review and identify the team needs - software/hardware, training, team building
- Coordinate exploration opportunities with ENV Team
- Rank and risk opportunities, including outside growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Geology or Geophysics
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Reservoir Engineer or Geologist
- Strong technical background in at least one major petroleum related discipline, engineering or geology, along with a basic understanding of other disciplines. Experience in multiple roles is desirable.
- Solid business acumen with ability to identify sound solutions to increase efficiency and value.
- Ability to foster new ideas
- Ability to communicate technical data through the preparation and presentation of clear, concise and persuasive oral/written opinions, reports and presentations
- Team oriented individual with strong leadership ability to motivate and develop team members while maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with a multidisciplinary oil and gas team and capacity to establish professional credibility with internal and external contacts.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enthusiastically support Company and Business Unit goals and objectives.
- Will work with Asset Manager to carry out performance reviews for team