|Location||Houston, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2019|
HoustonPermanentJob description/Person specification
The Application Engineer is responsible to perform all technical aspects of a commercial project. Their duty is to ensure quality in data acquisition, perform data processing workflows, data analysis and report writing to the highest standard. The Application Engineer is to apply knowledge related areas such as well completions, production monitoring and/or seismic related applications for analysis and interpretation.
When deployed out in the field the Applications Engineer, in addition to their technical responsibilities, will also perform related duties to general field operations as required. They shall have familiarity with all aspects of operations and able to setup or troubleshoot optical fibers, DAS/DTS instruments, and auxiliary electronic components.
When not out on field projects, the Application Engineer is required to work in the office for data processing, report writing and prepare final deliverables to clients for commercial projects. They are also to assists in the design, testing and application of current and new signal processing workflows with the engineering team.
They are to assist Senior Application Engineer or line manager during the planning, execution and closing phases of a project by working together with sales, operations, engineering team and customer. They are to become familiar and assist with developing field procedures, data processing workflows, HSE assessments and other necessary activities for overseeing and executing field operations.
Upon completion of projects, the Application Engineer may be asked present data and results to customers either in person or via Skype/Webex.
1. Competently conduct all set aspects of field duties related to pre-job, site operations and post-job for the execution commercial projects as required.
2. Competently conduct technical tasks using standard procedures and workflows developed by OptaSense and provide feedback to management to improve quality and efficiency where necessary.
3. Perform for activities of data QC, processing, analysis, interpretation and write reports inline with OptaSense services and product lines to ensure high quality of service.
4. Oversee the activities of other members apart of a project team for data and report delivery.
5. Provide training to others within the technical team.
6. May be asked to present results and interpretations to client in front of a group.
7. Approximately 20-50% of the time will be spent in the field and may include 12+ hour shifts on longer term deployments.
8. Drive company vehicles and tow trailer when necessary.
9. Ability to work evenings and weekends depending on business needs and work long hours when necessary to reach goals.
10. Adhere to and implement all OptaSense and client HSE policies and procedures; to include regulatory requirements.
11. Conduct risk assessments, ensuring that the methods and systems of work are performed in a safe manner.
12. Conduct and participate in OptaSense and client safety meetings when necessary.
13. Abide by OptaSense reporting and document retention procedures.
14. Assist with accident investigations where appropriate.
15. Abide by OptaSense driving policies as well as abide by the regulations of the Department of Transportation.
16. Demonstrate HSE leadership and environmental stewardship.
17. Responsible for stopping the job if tasked to do unsafe work or observes someone else working unsafely.
18. Adhere to OptaSense and regulatory substance abuse policy.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge
1. Good verbal and written communication skills to support operations and client interactions.
2. Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with key emphasis on data processing and analysis.
3. Have in-depth knowledge of field activities for OptaSense services and product lines.
4. Self-motivated and strong team player.
5. Able to travel for international deployments.
6. Ability to use standard office equipment such as phone, copier, email, computer and Microsoft office packages such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
7. Must be able to perform duties within the following environments:
o All outdoor weather conditions.
o Occasionally work near of moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places, around fumes or airborne particles, high pressure fluids, toxic chemicals and moderate levels of noise.
o Adapt to changes in work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
8. While performing duties of this job:
o Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
o Frequently talk or hear.
o Occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
o Must have corrected 20/20 vision, able to identify and distinguish colors, possess depth perception, and able to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Experience & Qualifications
Bachelor's or master’s degree in geophysics, petroleum engineering, electrical engineering or related discipline.3-5 years of related experience in upstream oil & gas environment for reservoir, completions, production or well abandonment for monitoring and surveillance.Experience with signal and image processing of data.Experience with MATLAB and/or Python.Experience in frac and reservoir modelling packages or seismic processing packages.Proficient with various common O&G; Industry standard protocols including Modbus (RS-232/485), TCP/IP, OPC and Master/Slave communications protocol.International deployment experience an asset.Valid Driver’s license is required.