|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
The Geosciences & Engineering Application Administrator is responsible for systems analysis and application management activities related to the suite of geosciences / engineering applications deployed at Laredo Petroleum. This individual has responsibilities that will involve a wide array of scientific, technical, and business applications that enable geosciences / engineering processes, workflow automation, system integration, data management, and operational and strategic reporting. Responsible for systems administration activities related to application support including installation of software releases and performance monitoring / tuning.
Assists in forecasting hardware and software needs. Works with other information systems areas to develop policies and procedures and to resolve technical problems and provide end user support.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with senior geologists, geophysicists, and engineers to optimize systems performance of the geosciences / engineering applications.
• Manage performance tuning and inter-applications workflows, working closely with a diverse set of functional experts in a variety of geoscience and engineering disciplines
• Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to operating systems, workstations, application systems, and server environments
• Work with the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems
• Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific solutions for the geosciences / engineering user community at Laredo
• Occasional travel required Requirements Knowledge and Skills:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Petroleum Engineering, MIS, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 7 Years in a corporate environment, ideally in Information Technology or Geology/Geosciences.
• Strong logical and independent analytical thinker
• Attention to detail
• Highly interactive and articulate person willing to work closely in a cross-disciplinary environment
• Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment, balancing short-term performance issues against longer-term strategic solutions
• Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers. These will ideally include geoscience and engineering applications from vendors such as Schlumberger (Petrel, Mangrove, etc.), IHS (Petra), Drillinginfo Transform, Kingdom, and similar products
• Generally knowledgeable about oil & gas from a geology and engineering perspective. Comfortable working at a detailed technical level with both technical professionals and IT systems administrators
• Possesses knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services)
• Skilled in (or willing to learn) light programming, scripting, project management of various sized initiatives, and troubleshooting a wide range of technology-related systems. ITIL knowledge a plus
• Prior experience in Oil & Gas