|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2017|
TD Securities (USA) LLC is seeking an individual to work in its Houston based investment banking group as an oil & gas reservoir engineer.
The candidate will work with a team of investment banking professionals covering a broad set of products including: Acquisitions & Divestitures, Strategic Advisory, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, and other such product groups, with a focus on the upstream and midstream sectors.
The candidate will work with a team consisting of other technical specialists with engineering, geology and other technical backgrounds. The coverage will be primarily over North America.
The candidate will participate and help lead teams in winning sell-side and buy-side advisory mandates and execution of these mandates. The successful individual will help construct and present business development content in the form of studies, market updates, analyses and valuation of unconventional shale plays and other such upstream work. #LI-JH2 Job Requirements • Petroleum engineering fundamentals including: reservoir, production, petrophyiscs, drilling/completions, facilities, and field development.
- Strong geology background including basic mapping, log analysis, and other geology skills; experience with Petra a plus.
- Extensive experience with engineering economics and a strong working knowledge of Aries and PHDwin; working knowledge of reservoir simulation, RTA, material balance, and DCA.
- Extensive experience with US unconventional reservoirs a must.
- Experience presenting to oil and gas professionals.
- Experience with DrillingInfo or IHS Enerdeq; familiarity with Spotfire; and experience with ArcGIS a plus. Qualifications The candidate should have three to five years of relevant petroleum engineering experience with a focus on reservoir engineering. Experience in drilling, operations and completions is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a preference for Petroleum Engineering.
A Master’s degree is a plus.
An MBA or MS in Finance is beneficial but not a must.
Exceptional skills with all Microsoft Office suite products and VBA a plus.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to present in front of a large audience.
Ability to take direction and strong listening skills.
Ability to discuss subjects such as upstream development plans and economics.
Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
Strong presentation skills using PowerPoint.