|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
Job Title:----------Reservoir Engineer
Location:--------- Houston, TX
Marathon Oil's Bakken Subsurface team is seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer. The successful candidate will work in the multidisciplinary team engaged in a variety of development activities and functions. This position will report to a Subsurface Manager for the Bakken Asset Team and will be located in Houston.
- Monitor and evaluate well performance using analytical techniques like PTA/RTA and simulation based tools
- Work with the team to integrate engineering-analysis with available geological and geophysical data to characterize the reservoir and optimize future development.
- Generate production forecasts for-existing wells for a variety of short and medium term needs
- Recommend data gathering and testing programs to help-enhance subsurface understanding
- Identify candidates for remedial-activity and work with Operations and Completions to evaluate and-execute plans.
- Assist Business Development activities by estimating area performance using offset well data-
- Perform basic economic analysis to evaluate feasibility of future projects
- Assist in annual budget planning functions.
Qualifications:Degree: Bachelors required, Masters preferred
Major Discipline: Petroleum Engineering preferred, related Engineering required
Years of Experience Required: Minimum 4-10 years of experience in Reservoir Engineering; unconventional experience is preferred
Travel Required: Up to 10%
Computer Proficiencies: Experience with production and pressure transient analysis tools (Topaze, Saphir, Amethyste), reservoir simulation experience, data acquisition tools and databases (Spotfire, IHS Enerdeq, TRRC), risk analysis tools and techniques (Crystal Ball and Monte Carlo methods), economic analysis tools (Aries or equivalent).
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.