|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 3, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,350 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. In addition Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resourcesdirectly.
- Working Manager in the evaluation of technical data for potential acquisitions and divestitures.
- Identify and quantify upside as well as downside scenarios for potential acquisitions and divestitures.
- Makes presentation of acquisitions to senior management including technical facts, reservoir and economic analysis as well as opinions on future development of the asset.
- Supervises and directs the work of staff to accomplish the objectives of the department and company.
- Supervises personnel and conducts employee performance evaluations.
- Assists with hiring and retention of personnel.
- Participates in data rooms.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects corporate assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in oil and gas industry in technical positions of increasing responsibility.
- Two (2) years minimum experience specifically in the area of acquisitions and divestitures technical evaluations.
- Ability to accurately and quickly solve problems and make technical decisions.
- Well rounded oil and gas professional with knowledge (skill set) in all aspects of oil and gas reservoir engineering, operations, land, accounting, marketing, geology, and geophysics.
- Ability to supervise geologists, reservoir engineers, engineering techs, and external consultants.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Excellent management, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work through large volumes of data and condense to a workable form.
- Meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software: Required - Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), Aries economics evaluation software, nodal analysis software, and generally accepted petroleum engineering software packages.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in engineering.
- Preferred: MBA or Master's in Petroleum Engineering
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Preferred: Registered Professional Engineer (State of Texas and/or Louisiana)