|Date Posted||March 17, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
We are on a journey of hydrocarbon transformation. We are navigating the transition from oil and gas production to producing clean hydrocarbons – zero emissions, zero pollution, and zero use of fresh water.
In order to achieve our vision we need to build platforms that will transition our current operations to a clean hydrocarbon. That transition is a vital role in the Imaginea journey. Not only do we need you to execute on traditional exploitation initiatives, but also, have the ability and desire to explore new ways of doing things.
- You have demonstrated results in asset optimization AND drilling inventory
- Impeccable critical and analytical thinking
- Must excel in a high-paced, agile organization and demonstrate strategic thinking, rigorous planning and decisiveness.
- Ability and willingness to clearly and confidently express ideas, opinions and concerns
- Must enjoy being a member of the team who can step in to solve problems and then relinquish power and let others lead
- Finds change and a bit of uncertainty invigorating
- Skilled at challenging the ‘way things are done’
- Thinks continuous learning is not only necessary for success but also kind of cool
- Can demonstrate the concept of self-management
- Wants to get things done…and DOES
- Understands that leadership is a service role
- Can speak up in a meeting
- Takes 100% responsibility for his/her actions
- Thinks questions are at least as important as answers
- Likes working on an agile team that does whatever it takes to get’er done
- Formulate and execute development plans to meet or exceed expected deliverables.
- Work closely with drilling, completions, geology, geophysics, reservoir, facilities and production for execution of projects and to optimize drilling and completing of wells.
- Assess risks at various stages of the project and making decisions by incorporating inputs from all disciplines. Ensure flow of information between all disciplines and that all information is available for evaluation of the project.
- Track well performance versus expectations, and work with Production and Reservoir Engineers to ensure targets are met and forecasts are accurate;
- Actively steward capital spending and forecasting to ensure spending remains within budget and well economics are maintained;also perform capital project hindcasts
- Work with Reservoir Engineering and Surface Land teams to increase the size, quality, and readiness of our drilling inventory;
- Recommend new technologies or cost-saving initiatives to continuously improve our program;
- Ensure overall regulatory compliance for area including preparation and submission of various government applications, D13’s and pressure requirements;
- Assess, grow and maximize the value of area assets for all exploitation and development activities;
- Create, recommend, and implement short and long range development plans leading to appropriate capital spending and budgeting;
- Work closely with field staff and production engineers to optimize existing production and provide support for certain operations activities;
- Assist in leading team members to deliver on area activity, production and reserve targets;
- Provide support to the evaluations engineer in booking corporate reserves to ensure comprehensive assessments and interpretations are completed.
- Perform technical and economic evaluations of the assets and evaluate competitor results and other area play types to help understand regional results and opportunities;
- Provide multi-disciplinary support for geology, geophysics, finance/accounting, mineral land, surface land and field staff;
- Minimum BSc. Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in a development/exploitation engineering role
- Professional Engineer through APEGA.
- Must have proven work experience within conventional oil resources (both clastics and carbonates) and have a thorough understanding of all aspects within managing an asset.
- Previous experience in reservoir engineering is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in GeoScout, WellView, Google G-Suite, MS Office.
Are you willing to roll-up your sleeves and do the hard work to develop plans, put them into action, and work collaboratively with the team to see them through to completion? Do you recognize that it means detailed analysis, disciplined process, and credible stewardship?
If you believe that you can make this vital contribution to the Imaginea journey, we look forward to hearing from you.